Mon, Sep 23, 3:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Reinstall poser 5

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 19 November 2007 at 1:45 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 1:36 PM

Hello.
After a PC crash I am having a problem installing the serial number when the app is installed.any ideas would be appreciated.

Pete

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 19 November 2007 at 2:26 PM

My usual advice would be to check that 0 is not being entered as O, but apart from that it's hard to say without knowing what the error message is.

Is this a boxed copy, or download? If it was download, you can log into Content Paradise or whichever reseller it was and retrieve the serial number from there. Copy and paste to make sure you've got the number correct.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 19 November 2007 at 3:12 PM

Thanks Ill contact Content but Im sure ther code is right
-Is there a limit on how many installs one can use?

Pete

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 12:50 AM

Hmm, as I remember rightly, Poser 5 did have a copy protection scheme on it, although I think it was removed from the later updates. I'm not sure if it was still attached to the recent giveaway/$20 deal or not.

If it is copy protected, then you will need to let it connect to the internet, I think. Perhaps it does have an install limit. I just don't know; it's a long time since P5 was out, you know?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 6:49 AM

I think it was around last August or September. I had to do the same reinstall, but Content Paradise still has your download history, so you should be able to get it from there, if nothing else works. I'm trying to remember if it's CP or Daz that has an option for 'available serial numbers', but I got into the practice of making text copies of my serial numbers, and storing that somewhere safe. Saved my bacon on a few programs recently (still kick myself for not writing down the AC3D one; special promotions aren't honored 2 years later..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 1:50 PM

The most important thing when reinstalling P5, is to apply at least SR2 (the last SR was 4.1 IIRC), before starting Poser for the first time.
This removes the challenge/response activation and allows you just to enter a valid serial.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 4:16 PM

Ah Thanks for that.

Pete

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.