Mon, Sep 9, 4:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: What Was Your Very First Poser Purchase?

clsteve ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 12:52 PM

You know I'm a big fan of the Opera. :) I'm doing what I can. If it were up to me I'd have you all over for tea and crackers. 

P.S. I'm trying to be subtle about my blog. That's where I get to say more about things than I should, but I will tend to say more about things that I shouldn't.

Quote - I love it when Steve posts; gives me the illusion I can grab him, pin him to a chair and get info out of him about Poser's next release.

And also imprint him with my wishlist for the program in his operative RAM.

::::: Opera :::::

P.S. Steve, how about tangents and handles on the spline curves??

rofocale ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 12:58 PM

V2 and M2, then everything got out of hands :biggrin:

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:32 PM

This is so bad because I realize my avatar is based on my first purchase. I bought Jim Burton's Night Life shoe set even before any characters. i figured if the shoes looked cool I'd get the girl. I am still getting loads of use from those shoes.
cheerio  lululee

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 2:48 PM

I managed somehow, to avoid the purchase machine for a long time.  Gaining poser 3 from a magazine, and then was given poser 4 as a christmas gift.   It took several years before i had to purchase really anything, because i was fortunate enough to have a spouse who got me v2.  After that, i surfed the net for all the freebies that could be had.  i was a downloading slave lol.

Granted, i didnt realize half of the fantastic items were textures only, not the actual item, imagine my suprise lol.  Then the learning to unzip and where the heck it goes.

Finally, frustrated my first purchases were v3 and m3 and their morph packages.  I remember the day well, as it was like "thank god!".

DarkAngelGenesis ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 4:35 PM

This is a fun thread! My first poser purchase ever was Aphrodite Hair by Darkworld, sold at DAZ. It was a lot more expensive back then. My first purchase here consisted of Angelyna Wings by Sharkey, Poseable Demon Wings, by Darkworld, and Paris Haute Coiffure by Neftis. All of this was back in 2005. I'm also pretty young into the poser scene.

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2007 at 4:37 PM

The first thing I buy was Bryce after Poser... then
I buy my first model..Victoria 1 in 2001 by Zygote ;) ( Daz was not born yet lol)
and my ex-hubby was jealous that I spend more time with her that with him lol...
after M1 show up on the market he can't handle it no more j/k LOL

Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 11:53 AM

The first thing I ever bought here was Capsces' Roxanne, her V2 morph. I'm not sure what the first thing I bought at Daz was, I had another account name back then and managed to lose the password ages ago so I can't check... (because I can't remember the account name either, I had a long break from Poser around that time)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 12:34 PM

I've only been using this stuff for about a year and a half. My first purchase was membership in DAZ's Platinum Club. I think the first product purchase after that was the M3 and V3 morphs.

tastiger ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 2:59 PM · edited Thu, 15 November 2007 at 3:01 PM

Looks to me as if my first purchase was Victoria 1......

I distincly remember being shocked as i paid something like $AUD 90 which was about 1/3 of the cost of a new copy of Poser....

Before that - Daz stuff wasn't all that spectacular and most of the Poser 4 stuff was free - no huge market place back then I don't think

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

manoloz ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 6:49 PM

I bought Poser6 special edition with the winter queen pack

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

tebop ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 9:40 PM

manoloz.. that was your first??? man youre a newbie. Mine was Poser 4 and i never bought any Daz figures till like 2 years later. well but i never was a harcore poser user.. that's why i'm still a newbie. yu could say.

manoloz ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 11:40 PM

I bought Poser  as a tool to get believable archviz human scales. However, along the way I started making female angel renders. I still do them when I have some free time.

Yes you could say I'm a newbie, and I seem to be one of the few people around here that don't have a Victoria/Michael/David/Hiro/Aiko render in the gallery :)

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 10:24 PM

I'm like Mec4d (only not nearly as talented...;) Let's see, if you're going to disallow the actual purchase of Poser, then...uh...well...I've never actually bought any content at all...in the last 6 years.

first, there's so much good freebie stuff out there, I can usually get all sorts of pictures up by just paying attention around here (special offers, limited downloads, etc) Not having credit card, I've purchased a few things off 'those English magazines', including Poser 3 (woops, that don't count again...;) for cash

second, having tried several modeling programs (Strata, Amapi, Anim8tor, Wings 3d, Blender, even Truespace...once....once...;) If I can't find it, I just make it.

I guess that doesn't count discount coupons like the $5 thing they put up recently, either...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 11:48 AM · edited Sun, 18 November 2007 at 11:49 AM

Quote - If I can't find it, I just make it.

I guess that doesn't count discount coupons like the $5 thing they put up recently, either...

Heh - well, I guess I am also more of a builder than a buyer (though I admit, the $5 thingys do tend to prod me along from time to time)  aside from Poser (3) itself,  my very first Poser related purchace was Mimic Pro.

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

choover3 ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 10:32 PM

My first poser purchase was Poser 1.0

SilverLynx ( ) posted Mon, 19 November 2007 at 1:57 AM

Hmmm, well I had a few things bought FOR me and a whole mess of free stuff but my actual first purchase ever was CasualV3 by outoftouch over at DAZ along with Victoria 3 High Heels. They were both on sale for like $2 and some odd sense so I had to get 'em and I am still very happy with both. I had bought some scenes before that but they were free so I'm not counting those 😉

My first renderosity purchse was of course more outoftouch stuff (Cecile Hair, Engage for V3 Sweater Set), aoaio's Sweater Set for V3, and Pinball's V3 Custom Dress w/20 Textures. I think they were good choices, I still use them all 😉

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 11:36 AM

Poser 4, followed a few months later by Zygote's Costume Shop CD.  Then, Vicky 1 and her clothing set, Jim Burton's Hollywood Hair, the DAZ gorilla, and Poser 5.  And nothing else - yet!  One of these days, I'll have money for Poser stuff.  Probably about the time they stop updating the program, and all the marketplaces fall apart....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 4:50 PM

Daz  - 5/8/2001  Victoria2

Renderosity  05/18/2001 Little Angel  by Neftis 

RDNA  - 02/07/2002 DNA The Dragonessa for Victoria 2

Poser Pros - 11/14/2002 PInstall by markdc

3DCommune  Jan-9-2003    biohaz_v3undies Victoria 3 Morphing Underwear

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Sivana ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 5:06 PM

I bought clothes and texture for free Sara first. Than I had understood how DAZ-Shop works and Victoria 3 and Mike3 with head packs was the next step. Victoria was nude and so...... ;-)
Posette got clothes from Poserworld. Here in Reo I can´t remember what was the first thing. I only know that I bought some stuff from Petti (now PG Graphics) and hairs from SWAM along my first steps here.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 12:31 AM

Hmm, I don't know what my first actual purchase was. Poser4 was bought for me as a gift and some goodies to go with it. Then I joined here and later at Daz but my ID was different then. Lost it in a hard drive crash and didn't have it written down so I can't trace it...sigh. And under my ID now, it was African Princess Hair in 2003. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 12:34 PM

Poser 3 and 'Paco' (here at Rosity)  for the P4 Man...

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 3:57 PM

Poser 3 was given to me and later I bought Poser 4 after seeing a render by Kozaburo and it sure looked like a photograph to me back then. My first purchase here at Rendo was a remapped wolf, which I don't even think is available anymore.

Elizabeth Pope
Latexluv
Dreamspinner

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.