Thu, Oct 10, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: egyptian loincloth

Don ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2001 at 12:07 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 12:12 PM

I once saw an Egyptian loincloth type garment in Freestuff, but can't find it now. Did some obvious serches to no avail. Does anyone know whre it is now? Also- has anyone ever done props for the flash fire from firearms? What about powder smoke?

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2001 at 12:14 PM

Both male and female Egyptian wraps (not sure if they are also called 'loincloths') I found at propsguild but might have been in Renderosity too.

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2001 at 8:24 PM

I thought that Fabiano Fabris (ffabris) had one in there, but it appears it's gone. I remember downloading it. Melanie

Don ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 12:11 AM

I looked all over PropsGuild, clothes and misc. Could not find. Thought I saw it at Renderotica once, but they appear to be somewhat down. ?????????

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 5:19 AM

At PropsGuild they have some sparkles and particle clouds and a blast which you might be able to color or light properly to get your gun flare. Look under FX. There has been a resurgence in Egyptian and Grecian and Roman clothing available lately... probably due to the Hollywood movies of the last couple of years. However, I haven't seen ANYTHING authentic. A couple of garments come close, but most modelers are going for glamour rather than the true clothing of the period. I'll take what I can get, and try to work with it. Most is excellent for fantasy art. However, I would be exceedingly happy to provide pictures for anyone attempting to model truly historical clothing. Carolly

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 8:56 AM

The Egyptian things at Props Guild, I think, are under Characters. They have the figure already dressed in them, if I remember right. Melanie

Don ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 11:20 AM

I saw the Egyptian characters at PG. the wrap or loincloth is the hip/thighs of the figure and not a separate piece, as i saw somewhere. Also searched ffabris to no avail.

magnet ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 11:40 AM

Roger that. I downloaded them just yesterday at PG.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.