Mon, Sep 30, 11:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I've got $20 and I need a big gun for Poser.

Doran ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 1:24 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

I need a BFG 9000 type of weapon as seen in the movie Doom for poser 5, 6 or 7 or in Obj format. I need it relatively soon and I am prepared to pay $20.00 for it. It must be a very high quality, though. Something that can be rendered in close up's meaning a high poly count with no missing facets, texture maps no less then 1200pxs, a professional looking model. I doesn't have to look exactly like the item from the movie but must be close enough so that it resembles the item fairly.

I need it in about a month or six weeks at the latest. Thank you for your attention.

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 9:56 AM

I dunno the gun you are after but theres a very nice gun free at www.team_dystopia.com .

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 12:04 PM

I think this is the one he's looking for.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/news-doom-gunns.jpg

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Doran ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 2:33 AM · edited Thu, 08 November 2007 at 2:37 AM

Firstly, the links don't work. The fisrt is invalid, taking me to an IT job site. The second indicates the server is forbiden to your access link.

Secondly, has anyone here, who produces models, seen the movie Doom. You know, with Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson and Karl Urban. It was kind of popular.

Lastly, Thanks to markschum and Acadia. However, out of 22 views only two people responded. Just forget about it. Sorry I wasted everybodies time.

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 2:21 PM

sorry, my bad :(

its http://www.team-dystopia.com/    in the forum for freestuff.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 11:57 PM

file_393173.jpg

Doran,

I don't visit this forum much so please be patient. 
I'm not familiar with BFG 9000, does this do anything for you?

Comitted to excellence through art.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 1:05 PM · edited Fri, 16 November 2007 at 1:10 PM

Not sure why that link I posted is suddenly "forbidden". I did check the validity of it after I posted it and it worked fine.

Anyway, here is another link to the gun:

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=8957

Here is another link:

http://images.play.com/covers/905244x.jpg

You  will find that most threads in this forum get way more views than they do responses. I have one in here about poses and there have been 15 views but no replies. There are other posts with 90 plus views and 2 or 5 replies.

It's a wishing well forum.

Perhaps if you post in the job forum someone will take on the job and make it instead of them  looking in here for ideas that they may want to do in between other projects.

Harrgunn ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 7:13 AM

file_393985.jpg

Just read this thread last night after dinner.  Sorry not seen sooner.  Playing round a bit this morn with the bfg.  If this is along the lines of what you may settle for let me know.  I'll continue with it in the meanwhile.  Click the thumb for a larger preview. 

Harrgunn ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 4:31 PM · edited Fri, 23 November 2007 at 4:32 PM

Well here is a final cut.  If anyone is interested is available for download as a .obj file.  All render works are done in Poser6.  Find more on this at Tox3d.com

The big gun

Doran ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 3:47 AM

Thanks but, Yorithai08 at DRL had already produced and  made available to me the item in question on the 18th of November. I appreciate the work though. Harrgunn, thats some great job you did in a short amount of time. Very accurate work. Thanks all.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 10:15 AM

Wow, that looks fabulous. Great job!

Harrgunn ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for the comments.  Was a fun build even if a bit late.  My bad for not reading here more often.    Here's another view:

More images here

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.