Fri, Oct 4, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Google-Analytics

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 6:33 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:21 PM

Hello. I cannot help but notice every time this wonderfu site runs SLOW, I most always see "Reading google-analytics" OR ''waiting for google-analytics" at the bottom of my monitor screen.

A staff member earlier posted this is run but it has MINOR effects.

(1) How 'minor' is site speed affected when google-analytics runs?

(2) How often is it run?

(3) Is it run at a specificed time of day/night so we can avoid these times?

THANKS, in advance, for any and all help. MUCH appreciated.

My best, TallPockets.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 6:38 PM

TallPockets,

In another thread, Khai gave you advice on turning the GA's off so if you followed that advice you shouldn't see any slow down at all related to this now?

Also you can read JeniferC's response to the Google analytics question asked in the State of The spotlight on the Front page.

Please direct any future questions that you may have in regards to this after reading Jenifers  response to admin@renderosity.com

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 6:40 PM · edited Tue, 27 November 2007 at 6:41 PM

StaceyG: HELLO and THANKS for your comments. I was not able to find how to turn off such using Netscape 8.1.2. browser.

If you or anyone here, can be so kind as to inform this dumb old man how to do so with that browser, I will be more than glad to do so.

I did read Jennifer's thread and all the comments listed from her and others. It really does not state anything, specifically, in relationship to site speed with google-analytics is ON.

Thanks, again.

My best, TallPockets

(P.S. - Happy Holidays to you and yours).

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 6:42 PM

You could sitemail Khai, he might know. I don't turn them off as I can't tell much of a slow down at all with the GA on so I prefer to just leave it be. Khai has a lot of information on this subject and I'm sure he would be happy to advise you on that particuliar browser if he has any information to help.

Happy Holidays to you

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 4:58 PM

STACEYG: HELLO, again. I will contact the above and or INDODA. (See BROWSER post thread).

THANKS again! MUCH appreciated.

My best, TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 5:04 PM · edited Wed, 28 November 2007 at 5:05 PM

ALL:  HELLO.

QUESTION: Does anyone here know how to explain to third-grade minded TallPockets how to 'turn off' GOOGLE-ANALYTICS in his NETSCAPE 9.0.0.4 browser?

OR for that matter ....

How to do such in INTERNET EXPLORER 7.0 browsers?

THANKS, in advance, for any/all help. MUCH appreciated.

My best,

TallPockets

(STACEYG: Think that will work for me? -- WINK).

My best ....

When TallPockets was born the doctor slapped HIS MOTHER! 

(Old Rodney Dangerfield line - R.I.P.)

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 5:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=264

you'll find Adlblock for Netscape at the link.

enter - http://www.google-analytics.com/* into the block list and your then good to go.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 5:29 PM

Attached Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

> Quote - QUESTION: Does anyone here know how to explain to third-grade minded TallPockets how to 'turn off' GOOGLE-ANALYTICS in his NETSCAPE 9.0.0.4 browser?

If, as someone mentioned, its possible to run Firefox Add-ons, then the one you want is NoScript (see attached link).

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 5:47 PM

Thanks for your help Khai and nruddock

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 9:21 AM

THANKS for your help Khai and nruddock and StaceyG!

MUCH appreciated.

My best, TallPockets.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.