Mon, Oct 21, 9:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Goth Freebie WIP......images included ;)

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 6:31 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:47 PM

well then......it' been a long, long time since i posted anything to the FreeStuff area, for several reasons that are better left alone.......but now i think i'm onto something......what says Goth better than black and white stripes or checkerboard??? stripes i may tackle some other time.....what i have for you is a floor prop of sorts.....it utilizes geometry switching, so a turn of the dial gives one a different version of the checkerboard.....it works in Poser 5 and will theoretically work in later versions....it has a few morphs loaded to further expand the possibilities and the looks of the basic prop.....i've posted images that show all of the models within the prop file with the morphs applied.....but here's the thing.......you can't have it..............not yet, anyway ;) i'm nowhere near finished with it....at present there are 7 models within the prop, three morphs, and two material settings (black and white)....i'm working on a texture map so that the squares can be individually mapped if one were thus inclined, and more models to place within the prop file.......i'll post it before the tex maps are done, though ;) on second thought, i may just do a v2 if there's enough demand for what i have done already.....originally, i was going to put this in the marketplace, but i just don't have the heart to show up as a vendor after such a long, scattered absence, so it's going right into the FreeStuff area......hope it brings someone some good ideas.....til then, here are some quick and cheap renders to get you going.....

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 6:33 AM

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 6:33 AM

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 6:34 AM

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 6:35 AM

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 6:36 AM

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 10:17 AM

Wow! I like that! I'm a huge fan of black and white and I love the checker look.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 2:30 PM · edited Fri, 07 December 2007 at 2:30 PM

Fun! Great for Alice in Wonderland type stuff too. ^^

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 6:31 PM

Geometry-switching is the most underused feature of Poser.  
I eagerly await your finished product ... should be lots of fun
to play with!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

nightmare_machine ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 11:01 PM

HEY!!! GIMME ONE O' THEM!! no, seriously, gimme one. i don't have nearly enough on my plate what with my Metalhead project and the 5000 other things i have on various backburners and stashed away in little corners of my HD. maybe i can help ya tweak it up, look for bugs and such while you get on with the really important stuff and get this thing out to these fine folks!

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2007 at 10:23 PM

These are impressive! I always need a good floor .

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2007 at 7:56 AM

This looks pretty awesome, I can't wait.

A big pre-thanks for the contribution!

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 9:01 AM

if anyone is still following this thread, i've decided to post the CheckMate prop as-is......i seem ot keep coming up with ideas, and so does my friend diesel (known here as nightmare_machine) via 10,000 IMs a day........therefore, i'll be doing a v2, and also a special one that i'm not disclosing details about just yet......v2 will have more and different variations, so watch for it sometime in January....and thanks to all those who time time to reply to this thread ;)

STEVIEUKWONDER ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 8:44 AM

This is a fabulous idea and I have just installed your chequered board and carried out a trial render, but without success. Just a mass of mustard colored plane. I know I'm doing something wrong, please help if you can.
Steve :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.