Tue, Oct 1, 1:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: newbee with a pathetic question

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 10:23 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 1:32 PM
Site Admin

I created an image in another program and imported it into bryce for rendering and I need to add lights and put them in certain spots lined up with other obcets. The problem is that I am having trouble selecting the lights. When I click on them I get the things that are behind them or near than. Is there a way to keep that from happening?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 10:45 PM

Hold Ctrl when you click on objects.
It gives you a menu w/ all the objects under the pointer and you pick whichever one you want.
If you continue to hold Ctrl, or let go of the keys, you pick one object at a time. If you hold Shift, you select/deselect mulitple objects from the menu.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

rj001 ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 2:30 AM

or simply change your view, from the top or sides may make selection easier. and will also help with aligning objects.

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 3:46 AM

Before selecting lights, select everything in your scene. Click the attributes button to open the menu, then click locked. All the objects in your scene will be locked so you are free to move the lights without hindrance. If your not sure what I mean I'll post a screenshot if needs be.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 4:31 AM

and don't worry, 'pathetic' questions are for the Poser forum...;) We were all where you were at one time, don't hesitate to ask any questions you like.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 8:02 AM
Site Admin

Thanks all of you. This will help me sooo much.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Incognitas ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 2:25 PM

I just click on the gridded round icon in the bottom right hand corner(called the palette toggle).The animation icons at the bottom of the interface are replaced by the icons which are mirrored in the Create panel.If you left click on any of those icons they will be highlighted in your scene(provided you have any of those items in your scene).If you left click and hold on the icon then all the objects will be shown in a drop down box and you can either select all of that object or just one of that object.So in my long winded way I'm saying you can highlight a particular light exactly by using those icons at the bottom of the interface and move it idependantly of anything else in the scene.

Boofy ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2007 at 10:38 PM

Redphantom, the only 'pathetic' question is one you dont ask!
Thanks for the info as well from me too guys.
jen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.