Mon, Oct 21, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Newbie Help

LatexBard ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 10:14 PM ยท edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 8:54 PM

file_177885.jpg

I'm not very good at this, but trying to get better. I have a question that I hope is not embarrassing to ask. How do I get rid of the ears so they do not poke through the helmet? I cannot find a way to make them not visible do I need a morph to do it? If so, can somebody point me to one please. From what I have seen here it polite to say what you used in your pics: 1) Base posette 2) BattlePrincess Armor by Traveler from www.bbay.com, with optional steel armor texture (I am loving it, and felt it was WAY worth the money). Base colors adjusted, and reflection map applied. 3) Screwed with the lighting some.

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 11:03 PM

I am sure that Morphworld should have some no-ear morphs for posette. But I believe the server is down right now, so you will have to wait a tiny bit.

pnevai ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 11:35 PM

You could use two magnets to accomplish this quite easily. Make sure that your files are saved. Opent the character without the helmet. place the magnet base just inside the ear and make sure you keep the base small and the zone to just effect the area right around the ear. Then all you have to do is move the base in the X direction to lul the ears in. Since the helmet will cover this area you do not need to be too neat about it. Just make sure that the magnet fall off zone is small as not to effect the rest of the face. Do the same on the other side, hide the magnets. Put on the helmet and your good to go.

atthisstage ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 12:04 AM

I'd suggest simply scaling the helmet's x-dimension up a bit. Far easier solution.

InBlack ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 12:32 AM

That helmet has some mesh flaps at the sides that should cover the ears anyway.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 1:13 AM

Yes, the ears don't show when you render it. Marque

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 1:25 PM

MorphWorld does have a No-Ears morph that works on Posette and Eve (one for the male too). I thought Traveler included the morph with Battle Princess? Maybe I'm thinking of another.... Using the Valkery armor I was able to add hair simply too by making two renders and then in PhotoShop just overlap (hair on the bottom) them just earase the parts for hair to show: http://www.smyle.net/~igohigh/shra800.html (Shariena - Knight Slayer)

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 3:16 PM

Just render it, you will not see the ears. the helm covers them. Marque

pnevai ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 5:57 PM

Umm guys it is rendered, If you look you will notice that it is antialiased. You can only get that by rendering the image. And it look to me the ears are showing through.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.