Tue, Oct 22, 2:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: ventilators?

FCLittle ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 12:48 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:39 AM

So I'm playing around with Vue 6 infinite and I come across ventilators....what are they? 

offrench ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 12:53 AM · edited Fri, 14 December 2007 at 12:54 AM

I think they are used to add local winds.

Check out this demo video and you will see them in action (towards 2'45)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXs8Qytzac

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 2:43 AM · edited Fri, 14 December 2007 at 2:43 AM

Wind in Vue6 is applied on a per plant basis, and doesn't work on ecosystems ( breeze does, but not wind). Ventilators are here to correct this. They can be applied as a global wind to all plants in a scene, including ecosystems made of plants. They can be omni ( wind blows equally in all directions), or directed ( think of it as a spotlight, works the same, except it blows wind instead of shedding light), but they can also be attached to an object and blow wind from this object ( think of a landing chopper), and all parameters can be animated of course.

FCLittle ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 3:06 AM

Thanks for the info, guys, but I was wondering, is this just for animation, or can wind be applied to standard 3d images?

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 3:26 AM

Ventilators are intended for animations, but you can set up an animation and just render one frame.

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 4:30 AM

Yeah,ventilators are cool.I havent used them for anything but making some funky ass trees,but there a really cool addition,and proof that e-on is going in the right direction and listening to someone that counts:D

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 4:42 AM

file_395525.jpg

Like this(;

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 4:42 AM

file_395526.jpg

...and this

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 4:43 AM

No animation necessary,not for stuff like this anyway(;

FCLittle ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 12:38 PM

Thanks so much for the help, everyone!

F

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.