Sun, Oct 6, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Not site-bashing, but some of you ought to check

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 9:50 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:21 AM

Folks who also shop at Content Paradise, I want to share with you my latest post to their Support Thread, so that you will be aware of an issue with your accounts :

*"OK, not the first time I noticed this concerning number of remaining downloads versus product version updates.

"Latest is update to WW 2.0 Upgrade version.  I understand that the UPgrade version is now updated ( got that ?).

"I go into my account and check my downloads for that - and I have only 2 remaining downloads left for the files involved.  Normally, there should be 3 downloads ( the maximum available).  I can't tell whether the Content Paradise server has the updated upgrades or not.

"Something really needs to be done.

"If number of downloads is not connected to updates available, then customers should be told clearly.  Thank you."

Eternal Hobbyist

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 10:25 PM

Don't you only need one download to get the files?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 10:30 PM

If the server lets the file come up, sure. Big IF.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 10:38 PM

I got the original files first time, yeah, so that would leave me with 2 more tries (that's the way they do things). 

OK.  So.  When an update is announced for the file, and I go check, I still see 2 remaining download attempts allowed.  Shouldn't I get a total re-set back to 3 tries ?  Just confusing.  If it's the CP way of doing things, they should tell customers more clearly. 

Eternal Hobbyist

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 10:40 PM

So ya just email them and ask them to reset it.. what's the big deal?
It's not like they are unreasonable, and don't take care of thier customers.

Whenever I have had an issue with them, I emailed them, and had things resolved within an hour or so.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 11:56 PM

I do not know the inner workings of the Content Paradise store. All I know is that I uploaded the new files to the correct location ensuring that new over wrote existing. On some I think I even deleted the existing before uploading the new.

If you have used up all your downloads, yes, you'll need to contact the CP store to get them reset. However my email giving update details contained a list of all the links to the files on my own server so if there was an issue you could have used those without any problem.

I'm not sure that I follow. Are you saying that you have not been able to get your downloads yet?

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 12:03 AM

Getting downloads now, please don't worry about this further.

Just wanted to point out a quirk of CP's system - they seem to allocate just 3 tries to a product download, regardless of whether it has been updated or not. 

Fresh updates are not reset to a full allocation of 3 tries, unlike with other on-line stores.  I have had this issue with other people's product updates before, at CP.  So it makes identification of updated files a matter of faith, so to speak.

Eternal Hobbyist

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 12:20 AM · edited Sat, 15 December 2007 at 12:22 AM

AH.. think I know what's going on.. Phil just replaced the original download files, so thier system sees just the same file names, that it thinks have already been downloaded once.

if the files were different names, you might not see them available for download.. I don;t recall seeing a reset download option when I upload files.

Unlike most stores, at CP, the vendor uploads and manages the files.. that's why we can get them available there faster then elsewhere.. because we do it ourselves.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 1:41 AM

I've run into the download limit issue at CP too. I think you can open a ticket at CP to get a download reset. I haven't tried this yet. This is worrisome to WW2 buyers because of the download limit. ^^; bB

Dark_Elf ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 2:03 AM

yes, resets usually only take a few hours-less during business hours...I've had to do it myself a few times.

My Stuff:) You might hate it, but you never know... 
Here 
CP

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 4:58 AM

Doesn't every store have a download limit that needs resetting once you've used them all up? I thought it was standard practice.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 5:52 AM
Forum Moderator

I have never had a problem with reset downloads at Content Paradise.  I think you can even go to your account page and download them there without a reset.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

stallion ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 9:57 AM

i thought you had to purchase the WW2 upgrade, it is not a free upgrade from WW1 that's what my email from PhilC has

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 10:20 AM

satllion:

You DO need to purchase the upgrade.

BUT, the upgrade was updated yesterday.

That's free to those who bought WW2 and available  to download from wherever you bought your original  WW2 upgrade from. (Emails were sent out by  Phil explaining this.)

My Renderosity Store

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 12:38 PM

Also the sale price ends on Monday mornign so if yer interested in updating, this is the last weekend for that.

stallion ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 4:06 PM

ohhh so there's an update to the update 
OK now i see

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 9:12 PM

uh... it is an update to the upgrade, actually.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.