Mon, Sep 9, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT The curse of Christmas.

orbital ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 12:03 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 6:34 AM

I was never really into Christmas after finding Santa didn't exist courtesy of my older cousin. But Mrs Orbital loves Christmas and after a while her enthusiasum rubbed of on me. However is it just me or do crap things keep happening to spoil Christmas. The first Christmas I can really remember was the one my Grandad died, thus ruining every single Christmas there after for my dear old Nan. Since then there have been other various misfortunes that seem to blight the festive period. Last year for example my Uncle died aged just 54 from a terminal illness a week before. And the same happened to a close friend of ours about 4 years ago, when her Dad died.
This year has been great so far for me, no complaints. Had that Space foundation gig in April which really was the pinnacle of my "artistc" career. So until this last week I was able to look back on 2007 as being rather good. But wait, the curse strikes again. Last week the friendly local Police force placed a speed trap on my way to work, I'm not sure yet if they caught me doing 40mph in a thirty zone as I may of slowed down in time. Not so bad huh? Well Friday my cat goes missing. This is very unlike her as she doesn't like being out in this kind of weather. Next day she still hadn't come back. So After I dropped off my car to have it's yearly safety check. We came home to ring the local vets in the area. Now we have a rail track down the back of our place, so I decided to check over the fence to see if I could see anything. Nothing there but as I go to step down I glance into next doors garden, and there she was under the hedge. I ran round to find looking like she was aslep but alas the poor girl was gone. So I buried her in the back garden in the p!ssin down rain. Mrs Orbital and I spent the next hour starring miserably out of the rain splashed window trying to figure out what had happened.  We'd only took her to the vets 2 days earlier for her yearly check-up, which the vet gave her a clean bill of health. It's wierd because although she wasn't young she wasn't all that old either.
Whilst we pondered the phone rang, it was the garage to say my car had failed it's checks and would cost me about £300 to fix. The preverbial icing on the Christmas cake!
Anyhow, sorry to moan and unburden my woes on you guys. Things could be worse of course. I just  read the thread about Zhann, now theres a lady who gets more than her fair share of bad luck.
Despite all this Me and the Mrs are slowly coming to terms with whats happened, and we still have her (the cats) brother to spoil rotten.
It might not seem appropriate after all this doom and gloom, but I'd just like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, what ever your faith. This place is like a big virtual family, and I wish you all the best.
Thanks
Joe

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

orbital ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 12:05 PM

file_395268.jpg

This is the last picture we took of Chloe, about 2 weeks ago, and I think the best. She's mid meow, something she liked to do, because she would try and have a conversation with us. We'd be like all chirps and whistles, and she'd answer us back.

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 12:23 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss.  I have always had a pet and i know what it is to lose one.
Merry christmas to you and your family!
Maybe this will give you a laugh and cheer you up a bit.

One Day After Christmas
Author Unknown

It's one day after Christmas
I'm crabby and I'm broke.
I'm so full of ham and fruitcake
I think I'm gonna croak.

It's nice to see the relatives
I wonder when they'll leave.
They've been camping in my bathroom
since early Christmas Eve.

They're eating everything in sight
and sleeping in my bed.
I been sacked out in the basement
with my beagle, Fred.

The relatives have all gone out
and left their screaming brats.
The toilet bowl is all plugged up
and I can't find the cat.

It's Christmastime at my house,
the relatives are here.
They eat me out of house and home.
and drink up all my beer.

I love the decorations,
and the sleigh bells in the snow
But I wish those pesky relatives
would take their kids and go.

Those cookie crunchers fed the dog
a twenty pound rib roast.
His feet are sticking in the air
like skinny old fence posts.

Now they're in a free-for-all,
the girls against the boys.
They're fighting over boxes
'cause they're bored with all their toys

My mother-in-law is snoring
in my favorite TV chair.
Those kids are stringing lights on her
and tinseling her hair

I oughta wake her up
before the fireworks begin.
But I wanna see those blue sparks fly
when they plug her in.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

sackrat ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 12:26 PM

Sorry for your loss,.........she was a beautiful girl.  Yeah,........I feel the same way about X-mas, but Mrs. sackrat is crazy about it,............turning our humble abode into Christmas hell. There are little holiday chotkys everywhere. You can't turn around without running into a Santa or a little stuffed bear wearing a Santa hat,.or a bunny with a Santa hat and a holly wreath around his neck ! I want to rip their heads off and stab at their eyes with a fork ! Merry Christmas everyone ! Go ahead and spoil the pussycat,........that's what they're for afterall.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

orbital ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 12:58 PM

Thanks guys, Loved that poem Annie so true!

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 1:35 PM

I have lost my mom and dad around holidays, also a husband,aunts and uncles the only holiday I haven't lost some one is July4th so it isn't just Christmas. So enjoy your Christmas and thank you for the well wishes.

Sorry for your loss

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 2:16 PM · edited Mon, 10 December 2007 at 2:17 PM

Sorry to hear about all your troubles - you must miss Chloe terribly.
I'm not very keen on Christmas either - since last year we didn't have one, instead we - the whole family - spent it in and out of hospitals, ending in Lancaster Royal Infirmary, where after 4 years of illness, finally unable to stay with us any longer, my husband's father Derrick died, on the 27th.

But I don't think it's just holidays, it's more the contrast of the hell you're going through, to the happy time it should have been.

Let's hope this Christmas is a better one - for everyone.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 4:40 PM

here, here fran!
Orbital, - sorry to hear about your little furry friend. I underrstand the pain and would like to offer my sympathies.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

RodsArt ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 4:46 PM · edited Mon, 10 December 2007 at 4:47 PM

file_395290.jpg

Early 06 we sudo apopted a 1 year old cat that we kept meeting in the back yard, so we kept feeding her and became friends. We named her Gypsy, since she was one. May 06 I was diagnosed with the big C and began treatment. Aug 06 I took this picture of Gypsy and 2 days later I found her in the back Flower garden. Jan 07 I started working again, since treatment ended in Oct 06. Aug 07 a Young kitty abouyt 6 months old and very depleted started hanging around the back yard, in a weeks time we had her indoors and took her to the vets for a checkup, they weren't sure if she was preggers but I had a feeling. A week later she starting crying and then showed some bleeding. We took her in, the said she was preggers and was miscarraging. They just barely saved her. She's now doing wonderful with our other 2 Cats, Mea & Kiki. Strange thing is she is almost the spitting image of Gypsy. Her name is Gigi.

So far so good with my health, I'm working and looking forward to Christmas, all the silly stuff associated with it, and Hoping I can visit at least 20 more Yule Tide seasons.

Mr & Mrs Orbital..........watch for the miricles.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 4:48 PM

My Dad fell on the day after Christmas last year and broke his hip. After a lot of hopeful rehab he died of congestive heart failure exactly 2 months to the day later. Not going to be a Merry Christmas for my Mother and myself, but life goes on (I get by on meds, don't know how Mom does it, but she grew up in the Great Depression so she's just tougher than she looks, I guess)
Sorry for everyone else's troubles, thoughts  and prayers headed your way.

Comfort and Joy,
John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

vangogh ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 7:14 PM

Orbital Sorry to hear about Chloe. I too am a big fan of cats. Had a Siamese for 19 years that died on New Years Day. Her passing really hit me hard as over those 19 years, she was a great companion and just being there helped me through some rough times. I used to have dreams about her being in trouble and in the dreams I couldn't help her. When I would wake in the morning, I always felt bad. Then one night I had a dream about her and this time she let me know that she was doing fine and was alright. I awoke with a good feeling in the morning and haven't dreamed about her since. After about 7 years of no cats, the wife and I have taken in two stray male cats that we found in separate places. At first, they were mortal enemies and would attack each other when given the chance. It took about 5 months, but they managed to become friends slowly and now are best buddies. They get along great and sleep curled up together, give each other baths and take turns eating out of the same food bowl. They are both around 9 years old, but still have great fun playing together too, and I don't know if being strays has anything to do with it, but they both are the most behaved cats I have ever owned. Cheez-it and Ravi are their names, Cheez-it because his coloring reminds us of the snack cracker, and Ravi....well, because he reminds us of a Ravi, with his big head and overweight body. Cheez-it loves to go out in the backyard any time of the year, and so does Ravi, but not so much in the Winter. When Cheez-it goes out, and Ravi stays in, Ravi will wait at the back door until Cheez-it wants back in. If we aren't there to let him in, Ravi will seek one of us out, get our attention by meowing and then lead us to the door to let Cheez-it in.

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 8:02 PM

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

– Author Unknown

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2007 at 5:34 AM

I don't know what I'd do if Katrina went away. It's a constant struggle to keep her in the house as those are the landlord's rules and she considers herself an outdoor cat and a hunter. I've compromised with her - I have a handbasket that is sturdy enough to carry her around in so she does get outside daily and she will walk on a leash (kind of). 

- and talk my Katrina does - People have remarked at how large her vocabulary is:
unfortunately she slurs her words: out (me-ow) sounds alot like food(me-al). She will dance by rolling over back and forth to music - occasionally I will dance for her and she tries to follow my lead. She is a source of much comfort.

It is indeed a blessing to have an animal that loves you - I grieve with you.

Merry Christmas,
-TJ  

skiwillgee ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2007 at 6:33 AM

Sorry for all the calamities that have befallen so many during the holiday season.  Stuff happens all year round but the holidays act as a bookmark to any event during that time. 

I am blessed beyond belief especially with being diagnosed with stage three cancer in August and now totally cancer free in December.  For me Christmas will always be a reminder of the real reason for the season.  I have hope. 

Perhaps we should reflect on the good.  I woke up this morning.  That is good.  I had a deer standing outside my bedroom window about dawn.  That is good.  I have two terrific children.  That is good.  I have friends here that share things in their life with me.  That is good. 

Orbital,  your Christmas will be good!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 1:12 AM

Christmas is just a date that the church picked to replace an existing pagan celebration.  I don't know if you are christian, but the holy spirit is an all year thing.  Don't let one holiday get you down for the entire season.  Instead, live each day as if it was christmas.  Of course, there will be good days along with the bad ones.  But it's the many good days during the year that keep us living.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

orbital ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 3:26 AM

Thanks everyone, we will enjoy the holidays. It just seems something always happens around this time of year to spoil what is our favourite time of year. Needless to say we are both starting to feel a little better about everything already.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 4:43 AM

That's very good news, so here's wishing you both a very merry christmas!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 6:21 PM
Forum Moderator

**Merry Christmas to everybody!    Tjohn my condolances also on the loss of your beloved father.   Orbital my condolances also on the loss of your cat. 

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 5:02 AM

I am so sorry about your cat, Joe. My cat Thomas died of an illness 3 weeks ago (and we don't even celebrate Christmas here), allthough he was not even 3. I sat with him till his last breath, buried him in the garden and cried my eyes out, allthough I have 6 other cats. So know what you feel :(
I hope the new year will bring you lots of good fortune, health and happiness!
To all of you here!

My gallery @ Renderosity

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 7:04 AM

Thanks Elsina! Yeh it's always a horrible thing to deal with, but we are happy in the knowledge she had the best life we could give her. 
Anyway her brother seems out of sorts so we are lavishing him with love. Looking to get a kitten after the holiday to keep him company or just torment him.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 2:05 PM

Elsina I am sorry to hear. May the new year  bring you the good fortune, health and happiness as well. I  planted a rose bush for each of mine in the garden.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.