Sun, Sep 15, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: using the scene wizards

DLDavis ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 5:30 PM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 1:08 PM

Hi- I've never been able to use the pre-set scene wizards for anything other than a "pretty picture". How can I #1- figure out a scale to work within? #2- Place any sort of object... even a sphere or cube in the scene and locate it?!? #3 Is there any tutorial material out there on this subject ? When I try to place anything into a countryside or mountainside, I can never find it! What is the relationship to the world terrain and the typical working box?? I would love to do an animation within an "established "scene... but I am at a loss as to how to approach it!! Lots more questions.. but can we start here? Thanks, DLD

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 5:53 PM

file_395809.jpg

Before you try to import other items, first change the scene size to medium or small.

bwtr

DLDavis ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 10:29 PM

Thanks! I've done that but still am unable to find anything I import.

bwtr ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 12:02 AM · edited Wed, 19 December 2007 at 12:03 AM

Sorry I had forgotten. (I just have not been using the Wizard) Just, simply, try doing a Transform (overall size) of your object to say 65,000.00. Then, in the 4 screen view, move it to the location you want.

That is a starting point I think. I wrote all this down once, and put it in a thread--but where?

bwtr

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 6:35 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2007 at 6:36 PM

This was difficult for me at first too. After I place an object in a terrain scene, I scale them larger if needed, so I can see them in the Camera view relative to other objects or terrain(especialy in Large scales, like terrain presets). I use the commands; "Zoom to selection", "Reset 2d pan", and "View selection", plus "Send to Origin" alot in a 4 viewport setup to help with placement and finding locations/objects.

When I get the object I want placed, the "Scene's Magnitude" settings can then be used for better/finer control(like Camera speeds etc). I worked slightly different 3dcg workflows and the scaling in Carrara threw me off for a bit, but now its almost second nature to set things up. Feel free to ask questions, cause there are many more workflows to manage the scenes and presets in Carrara. Hope this helps. 😄 

DLDavis ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 10:47 AM

Thanks a bunch. I did a quickie flying disk animation which actually worked! I made a medium mountainous preset terrain, dropped in a sphere, scaled it to 6000 and flattened it to a disk. Up to now, I have concentrated on Poser and trying some combo animations with Carrara Pro( v4) My scenic backgrounds have been sparse, to say the least. I have had a problem trying to import a short animated Tortoise Pz3 file. The CarraraPro v 6.0.3 simply will not import it . And it is supposed to work without the need for the Transposer plug-in... The Poser 6 file works fine, renders to a QT animation . But when I try to import it as I have done with other files in the past, I get an error message. Here are a couple of links to see a couple of my older efforts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mipiR1t-h1U&feature=user http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7agy4ZGko&feature=user I guess you need to copy and paste the links...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.