Mon, Oct 7, 11:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Found neat Bryce work.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 8:25 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 11:23 AM

Browsing through the galleries I found this artists. work.

Click Here.

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:29 AM

YUp! He's one of the really good Brycers out there....as he said, he hasn't posted much lately, but he's one to watch for!

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

orbital ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:36 AM

The guys a legend in my book. Back in the days when we had people like Alvin, Rochr, Roobol, Rohi, Doublecrash, woodhurst, Gevidal, Beton, Mr dodobird and Hobbit all posting amazing work in the Bryce gallery. Any newbies checking this post be sure to dig out these galleries, you will be amazed.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:46 AM

I'm glad Rendo retains all this artwork even though some might no longer post new material.

It is a great archive.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 11:37 AM

I'll second that A-x.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 1:16 PM

Great link...seems MIA as well, a year since his last post....a pity really as he's easily one of the best flora/naturalistic renderers I've encountered so far here.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 2:08 PM
Forum Moderator

Well that about covers the list of Bryce 'Gods' !
Shame some of them haven't posted for a long while.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 3:04 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2007 at 3:06 PM

I dunno Bryster...there's quite a few "bright lights" amongst the currently posting members that I continue to find inspiring, I'm not naming names, [senior's moment I guess], but y'all know who you are...keep up all the great work by the way.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 5:18 PM

Yup, alvinylaya is one of the greats. I frequently visit the galleries of those Orbital has listed and more. Go take a look!!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 7:20 PM

Rochr (C4D), Roobol (C4D), Doublecrash (C4D/Maya), Mr dodobird (Blender?)  - some of them haven't gone away, just moved in another direction.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 7:25 PM

Significant that those you list all moved to modeling apps where there's point/line/face manipulation....I know it's an absurd dream but that would make Bryce total for me, but like Vue it would almost seem object modeling was added as an afterthought rather than a reason for being....well yeah I guess it was as I first heard about it as a terrain visualizer.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 8:48 PM

Incarnadine:

Hobbit - one of my favs.

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:49 PM

Yeah, I've admired Alvin's art for a long time. Check out his earlier gallery where he did a "freehand" sketch with a mouse(no graphics tablet!) of the Wolverine character in Microsoft paint!  I love the work of all the other artists mentioned here so far. 
Another phenomenal Bryce/Poser artist who has since moved on to C4D is jjsmlee. You have to check out his stuff if you enjoy great Sci-Fi work. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=jjsmlee&page=1

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 10:29 PM

Hobbit has some totally awesome works in his gallery.  He's on my fav's list as well. I have a hell of a fav's list actually, was looking through it and there are many that have gone MIA :( anyone remember humorix?

I still use bryce! An excellent tool IMHO.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 10:51 PM

Incarnadine:
yes he was the one who convinced me to start learning how to use multi-replication - I was resistant though we had many arguements about that;  one of his arguements forced me to study the writings of  "the tent maker" I am better for the experience and actually learned much from him  !!

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 11:57 PM

I loved Humorix's stuff too. Avi is a super talent. I wonder what he is up to now?

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 12:17 AM

Odd you mention multi replication bikermouse...I have been trying to do a convincing lawn by that method to no avail for bout a week now. It's holding up my next post sumpin' awful.....
There's a fine assortment of grass types in the default veg dir and I'd like to do 4 or 5 populations all told to get a random look. I've done this in other apps but in Bryce , as I understand it, you load a grass object and go Edit>Muliti Replicate and I set it for 100 say and leave everything else alone so they're all be allegedly oriented the same way and the same size.
Next I select 2D Disperse amd I move the double arrow to the right and by gum they do disperse but in all manner of different sizes quite against my wishes....wtf am I doing wrong...sigh...waiting on pin n' needles for the answer....LOL

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 2:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=248372&member

Red Spartan, and Tuttle just came to mind. I think red spartan is on C4, whilst tuttle just packed it in and deleted all his work. Another one is Moodflow, some really fantastic work and still posts in Terragen gallery.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 6:35 AM

Yes, Red Spartan is in C4D now. Agree about Tuttle, lot of fun stuff! Moodflow moves around a bit prog-wise if I remember.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 8:21 AM
Forum Moderator

Bobby: I meant no disrespect to the current membership. I should have said, 'present company excepted.' ;-)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 8:33 AM · edited Thu, 20 December 2007 at 8:40 AM

Quote - Odd you mention multi replication bikermouse...I have been trying to do a convincing lawn by that method to no avail for bout a week now. It's holding up my next post sumpin' awful.....
There's a fine assortment of grass types in the default veg dir and I'd like to do 4 or 5 populations all told to get a random look. I've done this in other apps but in Bryce , as I understand it, you load a grass object and go Edit>Muliti Replicate and I set it for 100 say and leave everything else alone so they're all be allegedly oriented the same way and the same size.
Next I select 2D Disperse amd I move the double arrow to the right and by gum they do disperse but in all manner of different sizes quite against my wishes....wtf am I doing wrong...sigh...waiting on pin n' needles for the answer....LOL

I haven't actually used multi-replicate although there are lessons on that in the Bryce Bible which sound interesting.  I would be interested in any info you discover about that Bobby.  Especially if you find out how to do what you've described as your aim.

Oh it's alvinylaya the link is to, yeah I especially liked his "Esuoh Redrum Eht" where the lighting is just... spot on. He either posted the wireframe or sent it in an email, and it showed just where he placed the lights, fascinating.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 9:12 AM

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that some of Alvin's work was also in the Bryce 4 demo (content?) disk from back in the ol' Corel days. It's not just me, is it?

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 9:42 PM

I have Hobbit in my favs and my list is really short.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 11:57 PM

Bobby,
multireplication (preferally along a path) uses one object. You'd have to combine the objects to get them all used at one time or make several paths - either way it would be ordered not random. 

(If you're refering to something in the terrain editor which I seem to have some dim recollection of, that wasn't what I was talking about. I am sure BT (amongst others) would know about using the terrain editor in that way if it can be done.(or as I recall, Agent Smith; if he could be found.)

I can, however, show you how to make a path using the animation feature in Bryce if you'd like, or refer you to Peter Sharpe's tuts on the subject of multi-replication (i.e. making shells etc.)

sorry not to be of too much help here,
-TJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.