Sat, Sep 21, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Tidal Swell

Eshal ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 1999 at 11:43 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:41 PM

file_116644.jpg

While working on a new pic I found something ..can you? :) Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Foxhollow ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 1999 at 1:24 PM

It looks like a big "swell" in the water by the piers...didn't think you could raise a section of water in Bryce like that....?

ScottK ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 4:35 PM

Looks like a custom terrain (large) with a gradient in it to make the swell, and a water texture to complete the effect, blended into the infinite plane. These are always fun. Where I get frustrated is trying to make a breaking wave. I've read where you can "draw" the cross section of the breaking wave in the terrain editor, convert the terrain to a symmetrical lattice and stretch it along the y-axis. Place it onto you water plane, and add some texture for the foam. Gee, it sounded easy when I read it. I've never been satisfied with my accomplishments, though. -ScottK

Diablo ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 1999 at 4:02 AM

You score high points for a valiant attempt but sorry ScottK... wrong! Eshal has used the method you describe before with some very effective results which are yet to posted (Eshal also is not yet satisfied either but is way too self-critical IMO) but not in this case.... care to take another shot? Diablo!

ali ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 1999 at 7:32 AM

I know! i know! but alas, I know cause Eshal told me.. grin And now that I know, why didn't I pick it up before? Its way obvious.

ScottK ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 1999 at 9:57 AM

Just goes to show ya... there's more than one way to skin a cat. I've achieved very similar results with the method I described, which is actually quite easy. I'd be curious to know if the method employed here is even easier. -ScottK

Eshal ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 1999 at 5:40 AM

chuckles If I told you, you'd probably do a Homer Simpson classic quote.."Douh!". It is really obvious honestly but if you want to know I can send you the answer in email so as not to spoil the riddle solving of anyone else checking this post out> :) Eshal

Sanitarium ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 1999 at 7:50 AM

Eshal, plz, come on and tell...i dont have a clue as to the answer to this riddle..how did you make the swell??? hehehehe and i seriously cannot wait till the Bryce tutorials are finished :-) SaNiTaRiUm

Eshal ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 1999 at 11:34 PM

The word optical illusion features big in the outcome of this pic. :) Eshal

KenS ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 1999 at 2:37 AM

looks like you stretched a cylander acrossed and aplied the same water texture

CyberDog ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 1999 at 9:15 PM

Is this one of those where's Waldo pictures?I thought I saw him.

Diablo ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 1999 at 10:17 PM

When you find out what it is... you'll kick yourself for not realising!

ali ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 1999 at 12:59 AM

What? no one's got it yet? But its sooo simple!!!! the answer is: the --------- (Ali is quickly gaged by Eshal.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.