Fri, Sep 20, 2:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: a nice Xmas gift

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 8:07 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:33 AM

Hi all,

After learning LW, Zbrush, Maxwell, ect, in the last two years, finally i have C6 pro thanks to the xmas offer on DAZ (save 64%). So, i'm very happy to be (updated) here again with old and new friends!
I'm also working on a resource page on my site with files (still and animation), shaders, brushes, etc

Happy new year to all!

-TOXE

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 10:46 AM

Welcome back! I know that the others softwares are great but very expensive, and Carrara  is fun to learn and use.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

noviski ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 11:54 AM

Cool, TOXE! I'm sure all your folks here will be stunned with your great talent - again - now with the nice features of the C6 in your hands.

bwtr ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 7:28 PM

And happy new year to you Toxe.

My finger is poised on the mouse in anticipation of your Carrara6 goodies.

bwtr

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 3:01 AM

Happy New Year!

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 3:32 AM

Thanks to all:-)

I'm really amazed by the new features of C6. The app is very stable and efficent. Strangely i've found some bugs from C4, but are little things... I can't say what is the best new features, displacement painting, hair, new particle... It's very funny!!!

-TOXE

mmoir ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 12:55 PM

Hey TOXE,

It is good to hear you are updated to C6Pro and its sounds like you got it at a nice price too.  I think C6 was a pretty good upgrade with the NLA,Hair,displacement painting and a few new things in the vm with the Bridge tool being the best added modeling feature. 
  Look forward to some new C6 images from you in the future and I hope your brain isn't too fried from learning all those new programs. Learning new programs can be time consuming as I am learning C4D so I know what you might have gone through.

Mike

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 2:23 PM

Hi Mike!

Good to see you!!
NLA seems like motion mixer on LW, i haven't tried it too much. I think that LW is the best for modeling and texturing (expecially UV map), but the shader tree of carrara it's still the best, all the other shading systems i've tried are not so good. I'm very impressed about modo rendering engine and i think that Carrara need a complete new lifting about render. C4D is complete and powerful but for a reason that i don't understand i can't fall inlove with that app. BTW C6 is an impressive upgrade. When i launch Carrara i feel at home:-)

-TOXE

mmoir ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 3:46 PM

Hey TOXE,
  I won C4D in a contest but it was the 3d app that I most wanted so it was nice that was the program I won.  So far the modeling is the  most difficult part of C4D , it just doesn't feel right yet, I seem to be fighting the program a bit.  The best thing about C4D so far has been Bodypaint that comes with it, I find having the 3d painting part of the 3d program an awesome feature. It makes creating textures alot easier and quicker  so I am looking forward to the day  when Carrara has 3d painting included. 
  So far I have heard great things about Modo's  super & fast rendering, is it as fast as they say. Whoever "they" are?   I do think Carrara will get an overhaul in the rendering area one of these days , hopefully C7.

Mike

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 5:35 PM

Mike,

congrats for your prize! You deserve it for sure:-) Ahh yes, bodypaint is really good!! Modo it's the best render for now in my opinion, you can use maxwell or fryrender, but they are slow and i use maxwell only when a client ask me for a "photograph"...

-TOXE

mykyl ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 5:31 PM · edited Thu, 03 January 2008 at 5:32 PM

Fantastic to hear you managed to get C6Pro. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Cheers

Mike R

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 2:50 AM

Hi Mike R!

Thanks, i'm proud to see many people still remember my work and consider it good:-)

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 10:24 PM
Forum Moderator

**Congrats on the upgrade.   I also uprgraded during the sale. **

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.