Sun, Sep 22, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Poser with PS CS3 extended

pchoate ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 6:07 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:27 PM

Well, I am using PhotoShop CS3 Extened and have started trying to get it to work with Poser files as advertised.  It did work right once (back to that, in a minute) but mostly when I import an OBJ into Poser then export it using the e-frontier Python script, all I am able to load into PhotoShop is the shape with no textures.  I have done the trouble-shooting as far as I can go and I just can't get it to work!  The OBJ in Poser that I use to export to PhotoShop looks fine, and has all the associated textures, but when I run the script then add the 3D layer in PhotoShop, nothing is there except the bare OBJ shape.

Except once.  I was able to get it to work right one time (following exactly the same process as all other times - so I have no idea why it worked).  This PhotoShop Layer, interestinglly, contained not only the textures that were associated with the shape, but also a lot of textures that were once used with the shape but aren't anymore.

I wonder why this is, because the same seems to occur in Poser itself.  When I render a bare scene (a nude female with no other props or figures) the render engine can be observed loading props and textures that are not in the scene.  And, likewise in the one (single) success I had with PhotoShop, there are textures that were long since changed still showing up.  Why is this, and can I fix it?

But, more importantly - does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong getting both the shape and the texture to load in PhotoShop???

Thanks for any help!

Paul

pchoate ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 10:04 AM

Don't want to be a pest, but 2 days with no response has dropped me to page 2 now.

So, I am wondering is this because no one knows why Poser and Photoshop are acting this way?  Or, did I fail to adequately describe the problem?

If no one has a suggestion, maybe someone could suggest a resource?

I won't post again without any reply - just wanted to give it one more shot.

Thanks.

julesart ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 10:32 AM

I wish I could help but I don't use that program at all. Have you tried contacting Photoshop Customer service? They should be able to answer your question.

pchoate ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 11:05 AM · edited Sat, 29 December 2007 at 11:05 AM

Attached Link: Poser 7 Content Exporter

I don't believe the problem inherently lies with PhotoShop - the "Content Exporter" script file that is supposed to save the Poser OBJ file (with associated "material") in a form usable by PhotoShop actually comse from e frontier (see link).  I have downloaded and re-installed it several times.

This exporter script seems to do fine exporting the OBJ file (although PhotoShop can open any OBJ file whether it is exported with this script or not).  What it does not do is properly attach the material files.  It did it right once, but I can't reproduce that result.

Thanks, again.

dadt ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 2:21 PM · edited Sat, 29 December 2007 at 2:35 PM

file_396430.jpg

One reason for extra textures loading in Poser is material groups in the figure that are not used. They have presumeably been created during figure development and not removed .  When you go into The Material Room and open the list of material zones the Preview,Default and any others below these in the list often call up textures which are not used but are loaded every time you use the figure.    These textures should be deleted, or even better edited out of the CR2 file and the figure resaved to your library.

pchoate ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 2:33 PM

That's very useful, thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.