Tue, Sep 24, 6:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:07 am)

Subject: "Justice" by Aery Soul

Chipperz ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 5:43 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 6:22 AM

I am super interested in purchasing Aery Soul's "Justice" Armor Outfit. I've read all his cautions
 on the product page. I've never bought any of his products yet, but I do see many ppl crediting
 there work with his products. I just would like a review from anyone who has purchased "Justice". Pros and Cons before I decide to by now. Thanx for all the input. 

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 5:47 PM

i dont have justice (price tag too high for me at the moment) but i have almost everything else they have ever released...they are TOP NOTCH, cant be beat.  They can take a bit longer to pose, because of all the magnets and morphs, but thats a good thing, since you can get very detailed renders with dynamic action poses.  i say if you like it, dont let the cautions worry you...they are number one in poser clothing for a reason

Brandy

LadyMari ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 5:48 PM · edited Fri, 28 December 2007 at 5:50 PM

It is an awesome set!  The only drawback, in my opinion (besides the price, which is set reasonably for the European market...but not for us Americans due to the current, poor exchange rate of the dollar), is that it does not include any basic V4 morphs.  Otherwise, it is fabulous, just like most of their products.

amon_g ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 6:11 PM

I think Justice is fantastic. I've had a lot of fun with the outfit, especially with the Alice character. The package comes with different reflection maps for the armor - fake, none, and real. If you use the real reflections on the armor, it can take a little longer to render, but I think the effect is worth it. Justice also comes with a few poses to get you started off with. As webster2772 said the product is "TOP NOTCH."

Justice and Alice made me buy V4 - before that I was happy with V3 (that's where things got expensive for me :biggrin: )

If you're interested, I have a few renders with Justice as well as other Aery_Soul products in my gallery.

onnetz ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 6:31 PM

You can't go wrong with anything from them. I mean how many vendors take the time and effort to create tutorials for their products?.. not many.
Download some of their free stuff and you will see what kind of quality their products have.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

Morgano ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 7:02 PM

The AS sets are imaginative and brilliantly designed and textured, but a bit too dedicated to the rather weird V4 and V3 AS morphs, which I don't especially like.   I am all in favour of custom morphs in principle, but vendors shouldn't be trying to spell out every detail of the work that people do with their products.

One other thing:  the "Justice" sword looks about as lethal as a teaspoon (and I know what I'm talking about - I've seen plenty of teaspoons in my time).

Still, I have WW2...

onnetz ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 8:09 PM

Quote - The AS sets are imaginative and brilliantly designed and textured, but a bit too dedicated to the rather weird V4 and V3 AS morphs, which I don't especially like.   I am all in favour of custom morphs in principle, but vendors shouldn't be trying to spell out every detail of the work that people do with their products.

One other thing:  the "Justice" sword looks about as lethal as a teaspoon (and I know what I'm talking about - I've seen plenty of teaspoons in my time).

Still, I have WW2...

Its called a wise business decision on their part. Why not build upon the characters you've created?

As for the sword, what about it doesnt look lethal?  It is actually more realistic than most I've seen in renders. Its not 7 ft long weighing in at about 200 lbs.  The only problem I see with it is upon a thrust the user could have their hand slide forward and be stuck by the rear of the guard.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 9:47 PM

Quote - The AS sets are imaginative and brilliantly designed and textured, but a bit too dedicated to the rather weird V4 and V3 AS morphs, which I don't especially like.   I am all in favour of custom morphs in principle, but vendors shouldn't be trying to spell out every detail of the work that people do with their products.

Still, I have WW2...

this is the only AS outfit that I know of that doesn't include the normal v3 or v4 morphs.

Brandy

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 11:08 PM

I've yet to buy Justice (short of cash & not liking V4) but I own virtually all their stuff for V3. Without doubt AS Shanim & Siliphiel are up their with the best vendors. The quality in some of their outfits are unmatched, the details in the modelling & textures, plus the movement morphs are incredible.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 1:03 AM

No V4 morphs? I would not buy it because of that.

Morgano ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 8:38 PM

*Its called a wise business decision on their part. Why not build upon the characters you've created?

As for the sword, what about it doesnt look lethal?  It is actually more realistic than most I've seen in renders. Its not 7 ft long weighing in at about 200 lbs.  The only problem I see with it is upon a thrust the user could have their hand slide forward and be stuck by the rear of the guard.*

Wise business?   Not necessarily.   If the quality of the clothing sets drives up sales of the odd-looking characters, then yes.   If the oddness of the characters deters potential buyers of the clothing sets, then no.

As for the sword, well, the thing about swords is that they are meant to be sharp:  maybe at the point, maybe along one edge, maybe along both edges, or maybe, like the Roman gladius, along both edges and at the point.   The "Justice" sword looks about as sharp as a soft-boiled egg in all directions.   Incidentally, the very big two-handed sword did have quite a vogue in European military circles during the sixteenth century and quite a bit later than that in the Scottish Highlands and in Ireland.   Not seven feet, or 200lb, but I expect they felt realistic enough to anyone on the receiving end.

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 8:43 PM

Quote - Wise business?   Not necessarily.   If the quality of the clothing sets drives up sales of the odd-looking characters, then yes.   If the oddness of the characters deters potential buyers of the clothing sets, then no.

I am on the fence regarding AS stylized characters.  I have them and I like them, but dont use them that often, when they fit a scene , they are perfect, but if not, they dont work at all for me.  But regardless, they are extremely well done, and as a "marketing" tactic, it's clearly working because AS has been in the top 2 poser vendors for several years

Brandy

modus0 ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 2:28 AM

Not to mention that no one is forcing anyone to use their custom morphs, it's just an option in their products, a kind of bonus if you will, for those that do.

And in the case of Justice, I'd say the detail, texture size, and amount of parts meant that AS had to go "bare-bones" with morphs to keep the file size from being too big. And as their tutorial mentions, you can easily use the V4 Morph Magnet Kit at DAZ for any V4 morphs you may want to use.
I've seen several products from other merchants, nowhere near  as high quality as any AS stuff, that didn't come with any morphs, not even posing-assistance ones, and those merchants appear to be making enough off their products to warrant making more.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.