Sun, Oct 6, 7:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: V4 loading problem

kenyarb ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 9:06 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

I use

• Poser 6

• Windows XP

• each other character in their own directory: C:Poser6-Michael3, …

• want Victoria 4 in C:Poser6-vic4

Victoria 4 takes a long time to load. 

From Daz3d
"If you try using the Victoria 4 figure from an external Runtime in Poser 6 you are likely to experience very slow load times: you can deal with that by moving the Runtimelibraries!DAZ folder to the main Poser Runtime."

I know that Daz recommends putting Victoria 4 in the default Poser directory, but I like to keep that directory clean.

I put various characters into their own directories, which wasn't hasn't been a problem till now.

Anyone found a workaround, besides Daz's recommendation?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 9:12 PM

Nope, sorry.  That's the way it has to be, AFAIK.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 9:15 PM

This would be why I've never "upgraded" to V4.1 :)
There is a way around it apparently - have a look at the DAZ forums

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

kenyarb ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 9:23 PM

I just read my own post (Duh), and figured out this is all I had to do

XCOPY 
"C:somedirectoryRuntimelibraries!DAZ*.*" 
"C:Poser 6Runtimelibraries!DAZ" 
/S /E /F

In other words I just need to copy the !DAZ directory, and the rest can stay in the external runtime.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Sivana ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 9:26 PM

Hm, I would say Victoria loads always a bit slow....:-(
I also let the main runtime free, but I always put the figures also in the Poser runtime. It seems that Poser recognize a bit faster what you are looking for.

kenyarb ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 10:59 PM

I found a weird bug, maybe it's percular to my configuration only.

First some background:

I have several external runtimes: Micheal, Aiko, ...

When you exit Poser, it writes LibraryPrefs.xml.  When you start it puts you in the same place.

Now the problem:

If the external library points to Victoria 4, Poser starts, but as soon as I move my mouse it crashes.

Once I restored LibraryPrefs.xml, it worked OK.

As I said could be a fluke, or one-off

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 8:06 AM

Quote - I found a weird bug, maybe it's percular to my configuration only.

First some background:

I have several external runtimes: Micheal, Aiko, ...

When you exit Poser, it writes LibraryPrefs.xml.  When you start it puts you in the same place.

Now the problem:

If the external library points to Victoria 4, Poser starts, but as soon as I move my mouse it crashes.

Once I restored LibraryPrefs.xml, it worked OK.

As I said could be a fluke, or one-off

I have external runtimes and never have that problem. Try restoring the preferences for Poser and see if that helps.  If you don't know how to do that, it's found in "Edit / Preferenes".  Change to "factory default" and click "set preferences", then "OK" and exit Poser.  Open poser again.

Also so far as V4 is concerned. Yes, you need to install her to the main Poser runtime.  Then run that update file that is deposited on your desktop.  However, you can then make a copy of the files installed and place them into your V4 external runtime.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 9:37 AM

I have both V4 and V4.1 installed in an external runtime and they work fine - NO DAZ/V4 files in my main Poser 7 one at all, so I'm confused...

My Renderosity Store

kenyarb ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 3:15 PM

I found the problem, apparantly some OpenGL incompatblity between my software and my new Nvidia 8800 GTS video card.

My workaound:

menu "Render"..".Render settings"
tab "Preview"

Change from "OpenGL" to "SreeD"

In other words turn off video card's hardware acceleration.

It's kind of annoying since it's an expensive video card.  My nVidia 7800GTS (???) worked fine

Thanks to all for the assistance.

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 3:20 PM

Quote - I have both V4 and V4.1 installed in an external runtime and they work fine - NO DAZ/V4 files in my main Poser 7 one at all, so I'm confused...

Poser 7 has a shallow search option that Poser 6 does not. for this reason V4.1 loads a lot faster in Poser 7.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 3:40 PM

I have V4 installed in 2 runtimes first in the main poser runtime and also on an external drive via wireless. the difference between the lag is only about 30 seconds. it's really not that bad. I usually load her up then go grab a drink and she'll be all ready. even with V3 or A3 i experience some sort of a lag with the external drive which would be normal. I don't worry about it at all. however if it took 30 minutes that would be a different story.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.