Sun, Sep 22, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Keep getting virus threats!

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 8:28 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

file_396473.jpg

Every time I try to download the free umbrella pictured here the link takes me to another website where I get a virus threat. I know others have gotten the umbrella because I have seen it here. Rgus uses it I believe. I like this umbrella but am curious as to why I keep getting these threats. I cannot download it. Can anyone help? The website is Poser Club.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 8:49 AM

You are getting a false positive.

Are you using Nortons or McCaffeys by chance? If so, I suggest you get a different firewall because those 2 are notorious for having "issues"

You can try adding the web address to your firewall's safe list and see if that helps.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 9:01 AM

Thanks Arcadia I will try that. You answered pretty quickly. Thanks.

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 10:34 AM

That did not help. I still get redirected to that page with the threat. Urrrrrrgh! This is so frustrating!!!! I can't even write to them about this. As soon as I try I get redirected to that page! I really want that umbrella. Think, think, think, what to do? (sighs!)

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 10:48 AM

The download pages at PoserClub have Japanese characters and a meta-redirect to the download, one of these things must be what's tripping your defences.

If you are unable to adjust the settings correctly, the only solution seems to temporarily turn off the software causing the trouble.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2007 at 11:13 AM

Perhaps review this thread. The beginning shows how to register. Towards the end of the thread how to log back in.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2632132

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.