Sun, Sep 22, 12:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: C6 update from C5, does it worth it?

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 12:09 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

Hi all,

I have C5 std and was wondering to update to C6. But due to the prices, even with the sale price (over for now), i can't afford Pro version, and don't really know if i needed it.

But about the C6 std, is it really better than C5? Does the hair thingie is in std?

My Store

bwtr ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 1:45 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/carrara/-/comparison?

I think ,at the price, C6Pro is about the best 3D bargain around.

bwtr

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 6:43 AM

It depends on what you plan to be doing. If you'd like to skip the need to use Poser when building scenes, create realistic hair easily, make very realistic outdoor scenes using oceans that animate or do any kind of scene and content creation v.s. simply posing characters, than C6 is a good choice. C5 is a great program though and if you don't plan on using any of the new features that ship with C6, there is no pressing need to update.

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 7:15 AM

I had great results with C5, but the hair module is what makes me think about C6. Does the hair module comes as complete as in Pro with Standard version?

My Store

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 7:28 AM

Yes.

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 7:59 AM

Thanks, so it could fine so ^^

My Store

andytw ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 3:34 PM

Keep an eye out for issue 100 of 3D World magazine.

It has a free copy of Carrara 5 Pro on the cover disc and if you register that version then there is an offer to upgrade to Carrara 6 Pro (download version) for $125/£75.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.