Thu, Sep 19, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: V3 has pubic hair object - V4 does not?

sjmills ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 4:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Did Daz do away with the pubic hair object in V4? I liked being able to use any number of trans masks on this object, no matter which body image is being used. Is there any way to do this with V4? It seems like a huge pain to have to keep a Photoshop file of each body image around with a different layer for each pubic hair style.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 4:29 PM

Nope, V4 doesn't have this. 

You could use the Grouping tool to spawn a prop from V4's hip or model one in another app.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

sjmills ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 4:49 PM

Arg. That's annoying of them. I do have a prop I made many years ago, but it doesn't fit all models, so it's annoying to use. Good idea on spawning a prop from the hip.

Glen ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 8:28 AM

I know it's not a trans map, but I use a 3D prop for my renders, it works surprisingly well! I don't own a V4 yet, but I use it on V3 and Jessi and such. It doesn't exactly "fit" all figures but it's easy enough to change the axis scales and rotate it a bit to fit other figures. I find I get best results if I use 2 or 3 different props, scaled slightly differently and slightly varying in colour and shade. It really looks realistic, but doing it this way can be very hungry.

I just had a look for this in the freestuff but had no luck. I've had it a few months, so maybe it's not free anymore. I did however find this in the content paradise, hope this helps:  http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/v4_pubic_hair_complete_product_26412

If you wanted to try the 3D one I use, as I got this for free, I wonder if it would be wrong of me to send it to you? I don't wanna go breaking laws or making enemies but it's just a thought. PM me if you like.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 8:36 AM

Arduino's genital figure for V4, available at "that other Rendero" site, includes pubic hair.
Be careful if you want to post images here made using that figure, it's easy to break the TOS.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

the_tdog ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 1:19 PM

There's a couple of props, over at that "other rendo",  that are made specifically for V4.  They have a sample in the free stuff area, too.  All work pretty well on unmorphed V4, characters take a little tweeking.

sjmills ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 2:03 PM

For those of us who aren't familiar with the rest of the internet (I'm only 1.397% done with the internet), what site are you referring to when you say the "other rendo site"?

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 2:10 PM

sjmills: we're not allowed to link to that site over here, since it contains adult content. I'll send you a site mail with the link.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 3:07 PM

Quote - ... what site are you referring to when you say the "other rendo site"?

That would be Renderotica.

oddboots ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 1:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity

Attached Link: merkin

I've got some pretty good results using Christiandarkin's 'merkin' product (although, like all hair, it can slow renders). It used to be available here but might possibly be on sale elsewhere now. I've included a link to the old product page for information.

The lack of a pubic hair object in V4 is also rather annoying because it seems to have had the effect of increasing the number of characters with painted on hair - which never looks very good (imho)! Painted hair also frequently reduces the realism possible with props such as the merkin - especially if the colors don't match...

Bea ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 2:07 AM

there is one for sale at 3DCommune as well 

www.3dcommune.com/3d/store/display.mv

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.