Thu, Sep 19, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: 3dg Issue 9 available now

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 12:13 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 9:07 PM

file_397568.gif

few days late and a bit shy of fluff, but the new issue of 3rd dimension graphics is available at yet again a new site...

no sign up nessisary again...

http://www.3rddimensiongraphics.net/cube/

The old site is still available as I am still updating the new one...once it is done I will remove the old site 
http://www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Issue 8 due to lack luster downloads os also going to remain free forever...I think that it has to do with the having to sign up to the cart software to download...anyway it is on the new site for free as well.

Doing a new job now so the issues are going to be released once they are finished and on no set schedual...should be the same every 4 months though...unless I get writers to submit tutorials and content then we can release them faster...cause as most of you know this is just me doing this...

Anyway that is that and if you see this post on another site you do not need to read it all cause I am just copying and pasting it :) 

Thanks again for the support

Allan

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 12:30 PM

thanks downloaded and read..

interestingly, with the Lights, I was taught a 'Gel' was a coloured insert and a 'Gobo' was to create shadows / projections....

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 12:54 PM

See where were you when I wrote that LOL.

I have never heard of a Gobo, but will do a little more research. :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:04 PM

here you go :)

http://www.martin.com/gobo/gobosubgrouppage.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobo_(lighting)
http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-gob2.htm

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:10 PM

another name for a gobo is a cookie (short for **Cuculoris)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:10 PM · edited Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:13 PM

Issue 8 downloads as a .php file called this "download_it.php"

I downloaded it and tried changing the extension to .zip, but while the zip opened, there was nothing in it.

Also, I don't think the problem with downloads at the old link was having to add to the cart. I know I didn't have a problem in doing that. However, it was set up funny. It sent you around in circles, and there was no "continue shopping" button, and then you had to wait for a download link to be sent to you and then had to login again, only to be sent around in circles.

A few months back you were kind enough to give me a code so that I could replace all of the back issues that I lost due to a computer crash. Only I didn't manage to get them because I had problems initially getting them into my cart and then when I did, I couldn't find them to download after I got a download link...which wouldn't let me log back in.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:17 PM

yeah the last site was just a stupid set up...while Mambo is a great CMS and I am not knocking it, it just seemed that nothing really seemed to work properly, or you had to work around somehting in order for it to work...one of the draw backs of open source...too many cooks in the kitchen.

The software solution that I am using now is called Cube Cart, and while still a semi open source solution it seems that there is a little more control over releases and modules for it.

Any way that is my mini rant lol...

issue 8 is fixed too BTW

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:39 PM

Thanks for fixing issue 8 :)

I'm going to go make a pot of tea and then sit and read them.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 9:04 PM

a gobo, in music studios, is a portable barrier to channel sound away from another microphone. They're usually about...oh...3 feet square, and act like little amp cublicles...;) boy do my explanations s**K...;)

Like the alien, too

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 9:13 PM

Thanks...I have a lot more free items to go up...past store items that were here as well as many many more that I have made since ...I am big in to Terai Yuki and have tonnes of stuff for her...now to only find time to get everything online, with my 'real' job, my animation job and my eZine I have little time to upload LOL.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 12:30 AM

Cool mag, I read every article!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.