Sat, Sep 21, 6:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Poll results

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 2:24 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:38 PM

Sorry for the delay...a new poll will be in place soon

When is the last time you shot a film in a camera?

In the last month 17.2% 5
In the last year 27.6% 8
More than a year ago 51.7% 15
I've never used film 3.4% 1  

total votes: 29

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

inshaala ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 6:13 PM

hehe - that's the thing with taking that particular poll on a digital photography forum... most are digital photographers 😉

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 7:24 PM

I found the 3.4% who had never shot film to be quite interesting

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

inshaala ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2008 at 8:10 AM

Well - if you take the poll question literally i should be one of those - as i have never shot a whole roll of film afaik.  And i was only in the "in the last year" because i have taken shots of people with their own (film) cameras.

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

Hawk23 ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 12:18 AM

Well if you haven't taken shots on film then you can't be photographers !!

Ha ha just joking I just came over from the discussion of the Photo Manipulation.

I amuses me that a lot of the old hands consider any thing done digitally is manipulation. But good grief even Adams worked his prints.

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 9:51 PM · edited Sat, 19 January 2008 at 9:55 PM

There will always be arguments with film and digital, many of which are not so valid as in years past when digital resolution was not as good as today and when digital darkrooms were more primative.

I shot film for years, admittedly with less intent than I have today...doing mostly snapshots and some artistic flare from natural pov.   Then again, I depended on the film lab for processing.

Perhaps if film shooters have the total processing lab in their basement or garage, they do appreciate the postwork.  Certainly the old timey classic photogs did!   Color is a different breed of processing than bw..another factor.

I do like film. However, I have no home processing lab and certainly would not be doing color. Processing at home would become a totally new adventure and serious hobby...photo development at home.
I would likely have little time to actually go out and shoot photos,..I simply shoot more and just as accurately develop now by digital means.

Thanks for the poll.  Yes, surprised at those who have never used film. Well, who has vinyl and needs a new stylus for the old turntable? Some have never seen an LP record, the flat grooved plastic things. Some have not see cassette tapes and certainly not 8 tracks!   A surprise on film if really not so surprising afterall.  I forget my age.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.