Fri, Sep 20, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 5...fact or fiction?

maul ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 8:31 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:44 AM

I can't seem to locate any information outside of this website on the coming version of Bryce 5...am I missing something here or what. The mere thought of a new version is making me drool (not that I don't drool all the time)...and I am desperate for more information. Anyone?

Apache2k ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 8:48 AM

Just to inform u,u r not alone, same story here, just cant find anything about Bryce 5...

Flickerstreak ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 12:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.phase2.net/claygraphics/brycepg19.html

Several of us are currently on the (private) beta test team for Bryce 5. Rest assured, it will be available in the reasonably near future and will have some fun new features. We have not been given a timetable but I would guess it will be out by the end of the summer. Maybe sooner, who knows. Until then, check out Clay's Bryce 5 gallery, where he has posted some stuff created in the beta version of Bryce 5 from Corel. Beta testers can now post images created with the B5 beta, but we can't discuss specific features, so don't ask.

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 1:01 PM

Would a screen shot of the app be considered Art ? ducks and runs laughing, cuz he knows better ;

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 1:30 PM

Corel's secrecy does not make sense and the fact that they won't even talk about the product's "expected" features is quickly turning me off from ever buying anything from Corel again ... their products aren't THAT good. Just an opinion from someone who beta tests for a living.

Deathbringer ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 3:02 PM

Tight lipped is an understatement!!!!! Come on Corel give us something, you should know us internet people are impatient..

Obi Van ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 3:32 PM

I am not sure if it is a good idea or not, but one reason might be that they want to see the new Vue d'Esprit and Worldbuilder before making any announcement about Bryce5...That way they will have the option to improve things or even add extra features before announcing the new version... I guess this kind of politics is good for us users...but also very annoying... Enjoy Your Day / Ole

trevor3000 ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 10:57 PM

I spoke with Corel last week in re Bryce 5, they are completing the beta testing on it and are preparing to ship it off to the manufacturer for late summer release. And that is about all they are saying thus far :(

ironfixer ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 4:14 AM

As a beta tester I can say secrecy is just good business here. A company doesn't go say their new version will have this and that, then they can't get it to work right so it isn't in the shipping version. What would you think of the company then? Go to www.bryce5.net to wolfie's site and see some of the results for yourself. And no I can't say anymore...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.