Mon, Sep 30, 3:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 8:28 am)

Subject: Invisible figure

gypsyangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 6:57 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 3:31 AM

I'm having a bit of a problem with a pair of wings (cr2) that are invisible until you conform them to the character. This only happens in Poser 7, they load perfectly fine in Poser 6. Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!!

Laura

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 10:47 AM

did you rotate the camera aroudn to see if they aere way up, left, right or below your view? Could be they are behind the camera, ntl conforming snaps them into view.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

gypsyangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 10:53 AM · edited Mon, 21 January 2008 at 10:56 AM

No, you can see the circle where the chest of the wings are aligned with the chest of V4---and it appears normally in P6 in the same location. It's just in P7 it's completely invisible until you conform it.

(*Hi Gareee!!!:m_wave:)

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 11:11 AM

Ya got me then...LOL!

Hi... ;)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

gypsyangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 11:18 AM

Darn.... :m_sadblink:

It's driving me and Iggy crazy...sigh...

Anyone else know what it could be??

Thanks anyway, Gareee... :biggrin:

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 11:23 AM

The Battlebot ND from DAZ does the exact thing in Poser 7, but it's perfect in Poser 6! When the armor sheath is conformed, the top half simply disappears!  It's the most mysteious thing I ever seen in Poser.  If anyone has a fix, I'd appreciate it,too!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

gypsyangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 11:27 AM

We seem to have the opposite problem---it's invisible UNTIL you conform it, then it magically appears... :))

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 2:20 PM

They should be visible WHETHER they are conformed or NOT.  I think they are connected, if not the same problem from different sides of the coin.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 5:57 PM

mybookmark

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 6:54 PM
Site Admin

I don't know if it will help them show but did you try changing the display style.  Cartoon with line might help. I know it isn't a fix, but you might be able to see it to work with it. Of course if you can't see it when you render, that won't help you.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 7:09 PM
Online Now!

Try checking your transparency settings in the Material room. I've had that happen with other products (mine included) and on checking the settings found they are set for transparent for some reason.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

gypsyangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 7:29 PM

No, it wasn't the transparency settings--that's the first thing that got checked. It does seem to have been fixed, though. If you conform it, then delete the character you conformed it to from the scene, save the wings (or whatever) to the figure library then load it again, it shows up just fine. So you may want to try that, Joelglaine.

It wasn't the mode either---it was some issue with Poser 7 and the V4 Developer's kit.

But a fix was discovered, so it's not a problem on this end anymore. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.