Mon, Oct 21, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Render Cow just crashes...

Peregrin ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 4:55 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 5:26 PM

Hi Vue experts out there!

I'm trying to render a scene with Hypervue on different maschines.
My network is a mix of two Macs (10.4) and one PC (XP).
Vue 6 Esprit is installed on the PC because it dosn't work on my Mac mini or MacBook due to the low 3D performance of the "graphic boards".
So far so good...
When I select the external render option on the PC. All machines show up and are ready to render. When I start the process the PC begins to do its job.
The Render Cows on my Macs just crash.
Does anyone know what the problem may be? The ports are 5002 on each computer. Mac mini and PC are connected via cable to an Airport Extreme station. The MacBook joins the network via Airport.

Thank you for any hints, tricks or work arounds!
Peregrin

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 7:09 AM

Unfortunately, the only versions of Vue that will network render over mixed platforms is Vue Infinite or Xstream. From Pro Studio on down, your rendercows have to be running on the same OS as the application is (so all Mac or all Win).

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 7:44 AM

I have infinite but it seems a shame that they can't be rendered over different OS's and seems in conflict with the comparision chart which says :-

Rendering across hybrid network of computers, I would have though hybrid meant different OS's?

Obviously Peregrin must have Hypervue installed to actually network render in the first place, and thats what the comparison chart says, can render over hybrid network with Hypervue.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 7:51 AM

I think you can use hybrid networks with all versions.  The most likely problem is that the cows do not have the same version of the rendercow software.  Maybe search this forum - this has happened before.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

synergy543 ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 10:50 AM

I have been using V6Infinite build 292350 rendercows sucessfully across a mixed platform of two Macs (OSX 10.4 and Leopard) and a PC (XP). It seems to work rendering across two different platforms quite well. I haven't tried initiating from the PC side though, I am running batch render and HyperVue from the Mac. You might try from the Mac side and see if anything is different. And it is very important that the rendercows all have the same version as this was a problem for me early on as the PC version was different and not auto updating. Re-installing solved the problem.

danway ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 10:35 AM

I couldn't get the rendercows to work correctly until I updated to the latest build of 292350 for Vue 6 Infinite on the Mac. Before the update the cows would crash. Now everything works correctly for me across a mixture of macs and one pc. Make sure every rendercow is running the latest update and it should work.

Peregrin ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 2:51 AM

Ok, I'll try the update and see what happens.
I installed Vue 6 and the cows from the CD on all my computers and thought this should do it... ;-)
Thanks for all your comments!

danway ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2008 at 5:14 PM

Did the update fix your rendercows from crashing?

Peregrin ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 11:06 AM

No, it didn't change anything... :-(

danway ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 11:32 AM

First, did the rendercows auto update to 292350? Is every rendercow the same version?

Peregrin ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 11:45 AM

Ooops, no. The cows still are 291200 (6.1).
How can I turn on the auto update? I can't find it in the preferences of the cows. Is there a way to update them manually? I just found the Vue 6.5 Studio update on e-onsoftware.com. There is no hint how to get the new render cows.
Or am I just blind???

danway ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 5:32 PM

First make sure all the cows and up and running. Go to your render settings, choose external render option and edit Hypervue. Look to see if the cows and showing up in Hypervue. If not you can scan the network or add them manually. The rendercows should update automatically through Hypervue. I've noticed sometimes the cows will seem to crash or say update unable to finish, but relaunch and the update should be complete. If you still have problems with the cows updating you can force a manual update. See the post here at this link.
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=128&highlight=rendercow

Hope this helps. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.