Sat, Sep 21, 3:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: HELP with software required

Hawk23 ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2008 at 11:06 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 9:05 PM

file_398296.jpg

Click to enlarge :-)

Gday All,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me out here.

I've got CS3 on. When I installed it it was working fine, no probs at all.

I then dragged and dropped from PS7 a couple of plugins to CS3 plugin folder.
I then got an error message which I didn't take note of but couldn't open CS3.

I then dragged and dropped back the plugins I had moved, one was AutoFX PGE6.

I figure I probably should have not dragged and dropped those plugins but moved them some other way as ther are programs more that just plugins.

Anyway on start up of CS3 it starts to search for what it needs and gets to the plugin stage, stops and I get the attached error mge.

I hit ok and CS3 continues to load to the workspace and on arrival another mge Run Scripts comes up I tries the options but nothing happens except it goes to another dialogue box freom which I believe I'm supposed to get scripts from somewhere?

When I click cancel on the Run Script dialogue I can use the program but it will not allow me to use things like the Option Tool Bar. Al the tools work but I can't adjust them . Also not working are the Opacity and Fill sliders and I can't get into the icons on the bottom of the layers pallet except for the bin and duplicate layer.

Anyone got any ideas ???

Thanks
Peter

cryptojoe ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2008 at 11:41 PM

Are you running a Vista Platform?

If so, 32 or 64 bit?

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2008 at 11:50 PM

First up, whenever PS is giving you problems, delete/reset your preferences.
To do that, hold down the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys as Photoshop is starting.
A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences file..click yes.

Next (and what I think might be giving you problems) is to disable the startup scripts.
You do that by opening Bridge and going to Edit> Preferences> Startup Scripts, and click on “Disable All”.
I also find it a VERY good idea to disable Version Cue.
Photoshop>Edit>Preferences>File Handling, and uncheck “Enable Version Cue” (PS will love you for that).

Finally make sure your AutoFX plugin(s) are up to date for use in PSCS3.
I remember they caused a lot of problems with the last version of Photoshop (CS2), and had to have update fixes.

SWAMP

Hawk23 ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 1:43 AM

Thanks SWAMP mate I'll give it all a go and let you know.

Peter

Hawk23 ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 11:24 PM

Sorry Cryptojoe,
XP mate!

Hawk23 ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2008 at 12:01 AM

G'day SWAMP,

I had already unchecked Version Cue, I think I read that hint somewhere before.

Did the others as per your advice. I no longer have the Run Script dialogue coming up but the Error as shown in my first post still comes up.

Any more ideas??

Pete

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2008 at 2:16 PM

Pete,

Sorry to hear you’re still having problems.
I thought killing off the startup scripts would be a satisfactory work around.

Whenever you get a Windows error message “Entry Point Not Found” for a Dynamic Link Library file (.dll), it usually means: something is making a call to it, and it is not the correct version it is looking for.
In your case it is most likely one of the older plugins you dragged/dropped from PS7 not recognizing the newer version of the .dll.

At this point there are several things for you to try…
Go back in and make sure you have removed “all” of the plugins you dropped into PSCS3.

If that turns up nothing, I would remove the plugins from your system using Windows ADD/REMOVE.
What that (hopefully) should do, is remove any references in the registry pointing to a startup in CS3, which was created when you moved the plugins.
Note: Plugins nowadays are programs (like you mentioned) and will create registry entries, check for updates, etc.
Remove them one at a time, till you find the culprit(s), then you can re-install back to just PS7.

If that fails you probably will  have to do a “System Restore” back to a time before you moved the plugins.

Good Luck,

Chuck (SWAMP)

cryptojoe ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 10:51 AM

Wow, I was hoping you were running Vista so we could simply blame Microsoft (jk).

Good luck, this is waaaaay outta my league.

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.