Sun, Oct 6, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: cartoon rendering

mdiramali ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 5:47 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 8:46 PM

I want to render with cartoon tones but poser always renders with colours except preview rendering in that time I can't use real shadows. Is there any other way of cartoon rendering with just only poser (I am using poser 7)

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 3:11 AM

You could use toon shaders in the material room. I believe there are some in the free section, if not, I know there are some in the Rendo marketplace.

bantha ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 5:32 AM · edited Sat, 26 January 2008 at 5:33 AM

Joe_Anomaly is right, you will need some fitting materials.

Trekkiegirl has made some for P5, which should work in P7 also, for free - trekkiegrrrl.dk/

Ockham made a phyton script for the Z-Flatten-technique, which gives some cartoony look too, search for it here in freestuff. This takes the deepness out of pictures, for a cartoony look - very different from what other toon shaders look like.

There are other toon materials here in freestuff. Comercialy available are actions for Photoshop post processing, and of course Oliviers Art shaders - which are not cheap, but surely not bad either.
www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php

This list is probably incomplete, others are invited to add to it.....

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 9:51 AM · edited Sat, 26 January 2008 at 9:51 AM

Try this thread:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2693173

Here  is a thread for material room links. There is a section in it for Cartoon Renders.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2722867

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 4:58 PM

mdir, keep us informed on how yer toon render comes out.  I'm always interested in
seeing new approaches to the poser carttoon rendering problem.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 6:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=3013&vendor=semidieu

file_398518.jpg

i use olivier's art materials from runtimedna.com, in conjunction with semidieu's shaderworks love esther PS for the balloons and panels see plasq.com

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.