Tue, Oct 22, 1:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: western style bridle for Mill Horse????

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 9:14 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:45 AM

Does anyone know where I can get an accurate Western bridle for the Millenium horse? The Western saddle does not come with a bridle and the only bridle Daz has is an English bridle. No self-respecting Western rider would be caught dead in a Western saddle with an English bridle, LOL!!!! Thanks

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 9:24 PM

What about that? I don't know anything about horses, but it looks like the pictures I found in Google when I searched "Western Bridle"

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=2109

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Don ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 10:34 PM

I have that bridle and saddle. They fit well and are easy to pose. I think there are some free textures for it in the DAZ free archives, too.

Also see the Western Rider Action poses. Poses include rider, horse, saddle, and bridle.

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 10:57 PM

file_398717.jpg

Here in the US, Western bridles do not have that dropped noseband or any noseband. They have just a browband or more often a one-ear band. They are very simple compared to an English bridle. The Mil Horse bridle is something you might train a very young horse in, but never ride a trained adult horse in Western. The bit is called a snaffle, and is normally an English bit or a Western training bit. I have attached some Western bridle pics. You can all go look at [www.statelinetack.com](http://www.statelinetack.com)  I was looking for a one ear. The reins for a Western horse are always split - unless he is in training. In the US, anyway. The two sides of the reins are never buckled together accept in English bridles.

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 10:58 PM

file_398718.jpg

Western Show saddle

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 11:09 PM

file_398722.jpg

On a horse

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 11:10 PM

file_398723.jpg

You ride Western with both reins in one hand - never two hands. English is two hands. I know because I have shown both for years.

EdW ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 11:58 PM

Quote - You ride Western with both reins in one hand - never two hands. English is two hands. I know because I have shown both for years.

That is if you are using split reins... many people use braided reins with a romel ... reins held in left hand... romel in left hand. I never liked split reins myself... always wanted something to do with my right hand.

Maybe you are going to have to settle for a snaffle bit horse.... get you a cow and do a little stock horse instead of pleasure horses:)

I modeled a macate and saddle for the old Poser horse that I still have.  When the mill horse came out I modeled a nice split ear headstall with a little roller bit.  I have no idea where the files are. I think I lost them when my old computer decided to take a long vacation that it has never returned from. I still get sick when I think of how much stuff I lost:(

Ed

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2008 at 12:09 AM

You are right, Ed, about the bosel. I always rode Western Pleasure with the split reins, but I learned to ride in an English saddle jumping, so I know what you mean about the split reins. A real shame you lost those models. I just had to reformat my drive but I learned my lesson in the past and had everything backed up on an external hard drive.

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2008 at 12:10 AM

I need to post a new pic of my Pinto Buddy. He has grown a hand since I got him a year ago. He's gorgeous.

jecnodde ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 11:46 AM

Well the western bridle have morphs to remove the noseband.

But what I want is some good looking wester bits and fantasy bits. Not just rings :P

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 5:57 PM

It seems like the Daz animals are ignored after they have been out awhile. Not much new for them at all.

freyfaxi62 ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2008 at 11:27 PM

I've not tried fitting them to the mil horse..but I'm pretty sure there were some westen style bridles produced for the old P4 horse..check in the freebies for stuff by "Horsefeathers'" He did a lot of freebie tack for the P4 horse..it may still be available and useable ?

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2008 at 5:02 PM

The Horsefeathers downloads contained a link to the persons site, which appears to be gone. I think she had only English stuff and poses.

jecnodde ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2008 at 6:56 PM · edited Fri, 01 February 2008 at 6:58 PM

file_399005.jpg

Here is an image showing those bits I have...I have not included normal rings bite. Please observe I have not made the rest of the bridle fit MilHorse, I have just place the bite in mouth.Each bite have a number and then text that on information on what bite I have used. I have not include the spanish tack package from daz neither.

1.Japanese track; http://edogoyomi.art.coocan.jp/projects/index.html (choice props and cloth)

1. Bloodsongs barding pack, bit morphed and scaled

3.Haigans Conversano pack

1. Prop done from a free package called Destrier http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=5818

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2008 at 11:56 PM

WOW! Cool! I'll look for that stuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.