Mon, Sep 23, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:56 am)

Subject: WindowsVista / problems with saved props

WhopperNnoonWalker- ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2008 at 7:21 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

I´ve windows vista , and did not have had any problems until now where I have modeling /import and saved a lot op props I made.
They shown up in poser libary and I can load all of them , I even gave them materials and parrent some of them.
But when I open my props folder in the poser programe , they are not there...the folder is empty. not even the png files are there.
Then I load a props I bought and saved it to my props folder, and it dosent shown up either  in the props folder in the poser programe.
I did not have had this problem before.
Hope someone can help me figured out whats happend.
Thanx :O)

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 4:15 PM

what is the prop you are trying to save?
what is the extension pp2, cr2, ppz, crz
the more info the better chance of getting help

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

herb ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 6:57 PM

I have a similar problem.  Some additions to the libraries from within Poser 7 show up as they should and work fine.  But if I look for the corresponding files within Runtime they are not there.  I have found that the program puts the files in a folder called AppData which is normally hidden.  AppData can be accessed (after making hiddden files visible) by following Computer/Local Disk (C:) / Users/your user name/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/efrontier/Poser7.  You can manually move the files into the appropriate library files within your Runtimes.  I don't know why this happens or how to prevent it.

WhopperNnoonWalker- ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 8:32 PM

herb
Thats what happen to me too, I really thinking about going back to XP if this continue :(
I cant find any App data, but my windows are danish and ofcourse the folders and stuff have other names. But thanx a lot for your help :))) I will continue looking tomorrow.
And im so glad Im not the only only one...I feelt so lost LOL

Stallion
My props are pp2.
I made em in cinema and import them as wavefront

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 8:32 PM

are the files you are installing from a zip file or an installer? (.exe) because if the it is a zip then i like to install manually instead of unzipping in my poser folder

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

WhopperNnoonWalker- ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 8:34 PM

BTW
O wow I been so busy lately so I forgot to take off my santa cap LOL

WhopperNnoonWalker- ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 8:36 PM

Mine are not zip or exe....just single obj files I import to poser like I have done tons of times before.
But then I had xp and no probs

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.