Thu, Oct 3, 9:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: The Flying Scotsman Project

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 4:06 PM

Lookin good!
Question -  What is Colon Powell doing in the train?  ;P

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 10:38 PM

Amazing work you are doing.  I've got a question.  What version of Bryce are you using and how much RAM you got on your 'puter?

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 12:05 AM
Forum Moderator

Ang25: No idea!

Skiwillgee: Bryce 6.1.  Four gigs of ram. 3.4htz dualcore intel. Nearly a teragig of hdds.

Thanks for looking, guys!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

gukumatz ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 6:53 PM

This project is awesome!

bookmarks thread :-)

...In Lak'ech...

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 4:31 AM

Call me crazy but i bet bryce doesnt need to use anywhere near those 4gb's to render this train ;-)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 11:29 AM
Forum Moderator

You could be right, Ray. The loco doesn't have any really 'heavy' textures to deal with and atm the atmosphere is just Bryce default.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

e-brink ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 12:13 PM

Love this project. I've been looking for a British loco 3d model for ages. If it goes on sale. I'll be among the first customers. Regards.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 1:25 PM
Forum Moderator

E-brink: I'll put your name down for one then. Estimated cost of each model......£5000
:b_funny:

e-brink ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 2:23 PM

Looking at the work so far, it will probably be worth it. Do you take PayPal?

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 2:42 PM · edited Fri, 11 January 2008 at 2:44 PM
Forum Moderator

LOL I'll take anything from uncut diamonds to rotting corpses as long as it's £5k's worth !!!!! ;-)

Mind you, judging by how complicated it is to sell anything on Renderosity, I'll probably end up giving it away!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 9:17 AM
Forum Moderator

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 1:40 PM
Forum Moderator

..Wheel created mostly with metaballs.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 7:59 PM

you are doing some very nice work here

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 11:24 PM

Tell me you didn't go to the trouble of modeling the manifold complete with hollow interior, then turn around and cap it off. 

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 6:46 AM · edited Mon, 14 January 2008 at 6:47 AM
Forum Moderator

Skiwillgee: I can't tell you that I didn't go to the trouble etc ;-)  The main manifold tube is hollow too !!!!!

I mean, come on!!! What's the point of creating a steam engine that doesn't actually work? :lol:

Thanks for all the nice comments, you Guys. It's what keeps me going! ('Cos caffiene isn't doing it for me)

johnyf ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 6:53 AM

Great addition...love the bronze texture as well!

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 6:55 AM · edited Mon, 14 January 2008 at 6:56 AM
Forum Moderator

JohnyF: Well thanks, Johny! Made it meself so that it looks like machined castings. Worked out well, I thought.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 12:16 AM
Forum Moderator

Final Had to redesign with the use of better referance pics.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 9:54 AM

hehe cool, you should make an animation of how all this stuff operates :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 9:12 AM
Forum Moderator

Ray: I've been on this project for over a year! How long do think it would take me to create and animation?

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 9:21 AM

I dont know, how many tentacles do martians have?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 11:29 AM
Forum Moderator

I'm not a Martian....I only live on Mars.

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 8:08 AM

If you dont have the martian nationality, does that mean you're an illegal immigrant overthere? :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 11:45 AM
Forum Moderator

The planet is mine....you do the math! :tongue2:

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 12:01 PM

file_398330.jpg

Just noticed you are missing the forward looking windows on the cab. Google images for the picture.

Cheers
GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2008 at 1:19 PM
Forum Moderator

Kiwi_gg :  I just haven't got around to them yet, and I do have dozens of images for reference. Thanks for the heads-up though! ;-)

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2008 at 10:18 AM

Great what you've done this far, I will continue watching with interest.

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 5:36 PM

I LOVE that locomotive!! Saw it when Iwas a kid and had the badge for years happy sighs
One BEAUTIFUL piece of machinery :)
I know the new mahcines are far faster, reliable etc, but dear goodness, they are so drab compared the Scotsman.

PS, the "Hogwarts Express" literally goes by my door when they take her up North for filming (am right next ot main Glasgow line), but she's too fast to get piccies, and only time she stopped at lights, I had no batteries for digi cam, gah!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 11:30 PM

Oh that would make for some great experiences with kids. Get to see the hogwarts express like a normal occurance.... I bet that would fire up their imaginations.  I wouldn't mind seeing that though, that train in typical surroundings. Something you can touch rather than some fx.....

silverblade33 ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2008 at 11:27 AM

Well. it goes through a big railway cutting about 20 yards from my door, so unless you're lucky and see it just before it enters the cutting, all you see and hear is the HUGE clouds of smoke and whooshing, as it's a steam train :p

there's a set of lights 100 yards down the road, and that's where it sometimes stops...and I didn't have batteries for me camera that day, lol.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:21 AM

silverblade33,

Oooooh you lucky so and so!  Just goes to show - you should always charge up the batteries.

(*suddenly wondering where my charger is)  I love that Hogwarts train.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:37 AM

Fran,
aye, those old trains are awesome! :) love the look of 'em but glad they're gone, lol you should see the smoke ;)
and very true about the batteries, hehe.

Got a smaller digi cam now, suitbale for snaps, older one is big fuji finepix, awesome lens etc, but too big a device to carry easily....and new one has even more megapixels though much smaller...advancing tech ;)

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 5:14 PM

2010 Wife and I plan to visit the Warner Brothers Harry Potter amusement park in Florida, I hope there will be a Hogwarts Express train replica. :)

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 5:22 PM · edited Sat, 02 February 2008 at 5:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Curtousey of Wikipedia.
The steam engine used in the film adaptations is the Great Western Railway Hall Class locomotive 5972 Olton Hall, and is depicted pulling a train of four carriages. Scenes have been filmed in King's Cross railway station, over the Glenfinnan Viaduct, at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, and on board the train.
Image:GWR 'Hall' 5972 'Olton Hall' at Doncaster Works.JPG

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:13 PM · edited Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:17 PM

file_399094.JPG

> Quote - Fran, > aye, those old trains are awesome! :) love the look of 'em but glad they're gone, lol you should see the smoke ;) > and very true about the batteries, hehe. > > Got a smaller digi cam now, suitbale for snaps, older one is big fuji finepix, awesome lens etc, but too big a device to carry easily....and new one has even more megapixels though much smaller...advancing tech ;)

Glad they're gone!  Ooooh, sacrilege! 

The smoke was half the fun of it, anyway they aren't totally gone, I spent a whole day last year travelling up and down the line on two of them, one called "Bittern" and the other called "Wadebridge" - on the Watercress line - best day I've had for.......years!  I got loads of footage and even made a film out of it - my first documentary - sort of.

Oh the smell of the smoke, the sounds, the fire in the firebox, the sheen on those lovely lovely engines!  Man, that was an excellent adventure!

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 8:24 AM · edited Sun, 03 February 2008 at 8:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Fran: You absolute COW!!!!   You spent the day on the Watercress Line on Bittern which is a Pacific A4 just one up from Flying Scotsman and you said NOTHING????????????
And after all I've done for you. I'm very disappointed.
I only got hold of Bittern's overhaul photo collection a few weeks ago and I've been using it to solve some problems with 4472and you could have got me pics??????

(Storms off to Olympus Mons in a huge sulk.)
(For those of you who don't know, for BITTERN read MALLARD - the big blue one)

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 8:59 AM

Oops...

It was last summer.

Most of my pics are not pics as such, but video footage.

I might be able to export a few stills from the footage, not sure how well they'd come out though.

Um... I'll just take a look at what I've got... hang on.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 10:54 AM
Forum Moderator

(Reaches Olympus Mons, cursing, swearing, threatening to remove Frans Gallery.....)
:b_upset:

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 11:09 AM

Sooooo, Fran's been holding out on us, huh? Even so, TheBryster calling Fran an "absolute COW" seems udderly reprehensible. ;-)  I envy both Fran and Siverblade for being able to see
such marvelous steam engines up close like that.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 11:16 AM
Forum Moderator

Danamo: You should have heard what I called Fran before I posted.
Still, what I wrote was a bit much, so I'm going over to her place to apologise and tie her across the godamn tracks!!!!!!! ;-)

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 11:39 AM · edited Sun, 03 February 2008 at 11:39 AM
Forum Moderator

I remember as a kid my grandfather taking me to sit on the fence next to the mainline between London and Newcastle to watch the steam locos go by at full speed. It was awsome! Then came the time when we didn't see any more steam trains, just the new diesel-electrics (deltics). It seemed so sad. They just weren't as exciting to a four year old boy as a steam loco.

My father tells me that he has a picture somewhere of me standing next to an A3 like Flying Scotsman at Newcastle Central Station. If he manages to find it, I'll post it here.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 1:18 PM · edited Sun, 03 February 2008 at 1:18 PM

Bryster, see your site mail.  ROFLMAO!

And I am sorry, I really did think I'd gushed all over the forum about my wonderful day - last summer when it happened - thought everybody would be tired of hearing about it by now.

And I didn't think the footage would be of any use to you simply because it's footage - not stills.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:14 PM
Forum Moderator

(Still seriously miffed)

I can import AVIs to Pinnacle Studio and grab all the stills I want.
The Watercress Line has a website that shows shots taken during Bittern's restoration if anyone is interested.

You got mail, Fran!

Has anyone seen my rope? I had a coil of rope around here somewhere.........

koosievantutte ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:37 PM · edited Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:37 PM

suggestion: don't use the rope before you are finished with this machine!

"The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train"

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:42 PM
Forum Moderator

The rope's for tieing Fran to the tracks!!! A bit like Pearl White in the old silent movies?

koosievantutte ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:48 PM

glad i misunderstood, but i have objections to fran being tied to tracks - i need her for our ongoing victorian village project in which she contributed a highly appreciated mill and she is working on a handcranked street organ, so please, have mercy.

"The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train"

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:53 PM
Forum Moderator

Well if she doesn't behave I'll handcrank HER organ!!! :lol:

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 3:27 PM

Bryster,
Oooh, promises!  :b_lipssealed:

S'okay Koosie I'm back on modelling the Veronica.  Should get some more done this week.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2008 at 9:49 AM

Hey Bryster dearest!
(delicately stepping away from the coils of rope suspiciously draped about the place)

Um... DVD is in the post. (nervously runs away...)

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2008 at 10:02 AM
Forum Moderator

Why, Fran! How sweet of you!

(Shelves his book of Brycian-Escher Knot-making and shuffles away muttering to himself)
:glare:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.