Sun, Oct 6, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Exporting PZ2 or another pose format from Carrara?

sfdex ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 4:12 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 6:20 AM

Hello, all --

Thanks to everyone for quick and helpful responses to my many questions thus far. 

And here's a new one I fear I know the answer to, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Is it possible to save a pose from Carrara?  We're working on a movie, and it would be very helpful to save the pose of the last frame of shot one so when we're setting up shot two, we can just apply the pose.  It doesn't seem to be possible in Carrara.  In Poser I just used the pose dots.  And Poser can export the PZ2 file, but I can't get animations from Carrara into Poser to export the PZ2.

I thought I could export the Carrara file at the desired frame, but importing it in brings it in to frame zero and includes all of the animation -- not just the single frame I'm after.

I've looked and looked and looked and can't find any way to export a PZ2 file.  I've tried exporting an FBX file, but that came back in REALLY strange -- the figure was tiny, sitting atop a huge and distorted skeleton of bones.  If I save the character to the browser tray, it includes all of the animation, when all I want is a single frame of the animation.

Any ideas?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks!

:Dex

GKDantas ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 4:22 PM

Create a Motion Clip with the keys in the  last frame... but you can only apply to a same character (Vic to Vic and so on).

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 3:34 PM

dex, afaik there's no way to do any of the following (and I'm not talking about keyframes):

save as pz2
save as pp2
save as cr2
save a range of frames
save a frame
delete a range of frames
delete a frame
copy end frame to beginning frame

or any of the other common poser functions.  not too impressive IMVHO.

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2008 at 6:40 AM

Some correction:

Save a range of frames: create a motion clip

Save a frame: the same, create a motion clip

Delete a range of frames: click and drag over the frames and just hit del

delete a frame: select the frame and hit del

copy frame: alt click the frame and drag it (for one frame or more)

I dont know what is the diference between frames and keyframes in computer animation.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2008 at 12:16 PM

the difference between a frame and a keyframe is that if one deletes a keyframe,
then the interpolation around that point changes, but when one deletes a range of
frames, they're completely gone, and now the animation is shorter by that
number of frames.  deleting keyframes has no effect on the length of the animation.
the number of frames determines the length of the animation, but the keyframes
only determine how the frames are interpolated.

o número dos "frames" determina o comprimento do animation, mas os "keyframes"
determinam somente como os frames são calculados.

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2008 at 5:42 PM

You can shrink the animation by selecting all keyframes and CTRL click and drag those frames to change the time...

Ou ainda não entendi onde quer chegar...

sfdex ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 11:49 PM

Thanks, GKDantas and Miss Nancy, or should I say, ,*,muito obrigado?"

O senhor, I haven't begun exploring the motion clips in Carrara 6, but as soon I read your comments, I realized that may well be what I need to do.  I can see this coming weekend will be spent in front of the computer with the manual open on another screen!

A senhora Nancy,* it is impossible to delete frames from a Carrara timeline, but as GKDantas suggests, moving the keyframes forward through time will usually do something very similar to deleting the frames themselves.

Thank you both, though -- this has been most helpful!

*Eu amo o Renderosity!

Ciao!*

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 5:34 AM

You are welcome!

Aliás de onde você é?

Marcelo

sfdex ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 8:35 AM

Marcelo --

I'm in San Francisco, California.  But I lived in Rio de Janeiro for a year about fifteen years ago.  My Portuguese is very rusty!

Now it's off to work.  Annoying that work gets in the way of learning Carrara!

:Dex

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 9:00 AM

Yes... now I am begint o work for Carrara creating content, so I have to learn more and more about Carrara to create more strange things to sell...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.