Fri, Oct 4, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Dan Farr has posted a bit of info re. Bryce 7

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 9:33 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:22 PM

Attached Link: LINK

Scroll a bit down to see his post.

EDITED to make it clickable.. ...B*

dhama ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 10:02 AM · edited Thu, 07 February 2008 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up, and although he posted a lot, he didn't say much at all apart from maybe open sourcing Bryce and Bryce having a good future, but thanks anyway.  😄

dhama ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 10:03 AM · edited Thu, 07 February 2008 at 10:04 AM

oops, clicked wrong link.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 4:05 PM

the ability to talk for long periods without saying anything substantial is a characteristic of higher management. Leverage your synergies...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 4:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely wouldn't have found that otherwise :)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

dan whiteside ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 7:42 PM

Yeah Flak - kinda weird that it's in the Commons forum under a Vicky 4 thread.

I think DAZ is being overly optimistic that Eric Wenger will allow his DTE code to become Open Source.

But I'm glad to see that DAZ still has plans for Bryce - an SDK would make sense for DAZ 'cause they could sell plug-ins developed with it.

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 2:04 AM

Re: 420 odd posts deep in a V4 thread - It does seem oddly appropriate though lol :D

As for the open source thing - Maybe they could make parts open source and other parts just as compiled libraries  or something that coul be linked in (I have no idea how or if that would work in a practical sense though) .

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 8:31 AM

"I will try to push things along to get a public message on the plans for Bryce over the next month."
HAH!

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 3:27 PM

Well basic translation is:

*"We havent started programming yet, but we're brainstorming a bit here and there when we have a bit of free time or two of the bryce-fan staff members enter the kitchen to getting a new cup of coffee.
Some ideas that came by was to opensource it (so we dont have to spend that much time on it ourselves and let the community fix us some goodies) or to make an SDK (which was on the to-do list since bryce was at corel if i remember correctly)
We hope to make an official statement next month, so that means by mid april we'll start finding some people to set up a programming team.
We should be ready to write the first new lines of code somewhere around may.
"

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 7:38 PM

Rauyraz.. I spilt coffee all over me thanks to your transalation! :laugh::lol:

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 8:49 PM

At least u didnt spill my freshly made tripple espresso :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 9:03 PM

lol... good lord..if i did that, i expect you'll kill me in a bryce render! :scared: :tongue1:

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 9:30 PM · edited Fri, 08 February 2008 at 9:30 PM

Or i could put u in a digital cage and design the key for the lock so that takes forever to render :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.