Wed, Sep 18, 1:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser7 shuts down when I try to open a saved pz3 file

Lenora2 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 4:13 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:30 PM

Well, my poser application is doing this to me, I can't save ANY works to render later since poser won't open the files...

what should I do?

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 5:44 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2008 at 5:45 PM

file_399667.JPG

It may not be the problem you have, but at least one release of DAZ V4 (possibly 4.1 also) has some bad morph data, and combined with the Poser setting Use External Binary Morph Targets, can result in the kind of behavior you are seeing.  The PZ3 files in my case, when I had this problem, were only partly recoverable; deleted the associated binary morph file (*.PMD) and I was at least able to open the scene file again, although all morph dial spins were lost. ps: I've generally found it a lot safer to leave external binary morph targets DISABLED.

My Freebies

Lenora2 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:14 PM

in my poser7 options the 'use external binary morph targets' in clicked, You mean I have to unclick this option, right?

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:28 PM
Lenora2 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:38 PM

thanks, I'm going to try this out

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 8:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3149474&ebot_calc_page#message_3149474

See linked post for a brief explaination of what to do with scenes that won't load.

Scenes saved after you've turned off the binary morph targets should be OK.

Lenora2 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 4:03 AM

thanks nruddock

I did what was suggested in the link you posted here, and the file opened (without morphs as stated in the link too)

But I guess that's better than nothing, after all is just applying the morphs all again...

Thanks you all**

tretete ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 1:11 AM

But what to do with the GIGANTIC pz3 files ?! Maybe ZIP'em  ... Or we should ask people who made Poser for fixing this problem ...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 4:15 AM

Quote - But what to do with the GIGANTIC pz3 files ?! Maybe ZIP'em  ... Or we should ask people who made Poser for fixing this problem ...

Use Poser's built-in filecompression. As far as I can see there's no ill effects to THAT (as opposed to using the binary morphtargets) - it will efectually zip the files for you and since Poser can read them just as well.. there's no need for PZ3 when you can have a PZZ ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.