Fri, Oct 25, 1:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Thanks for all who posted on Pen/Pressure Tablet..Wacom

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 7:27 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 11:28 PM

I want to thank the folks who told me in such positive words the value of using a pressure tablet for photo editing and graphics work.  With a few uses behind me now, I will tell my experience.

First of all..this device is wonderful!  At first use, I was overtaken by the sensitivity and thought I will never get used to this thing.  The learning curve seemed so steep at first then with a little more play became suddenly much less steep and lots of fun to boot.  

Sure, I am not fluid with it yet but am comfortable with the tablet and very glad to have it.  The sensitivity is now an asset and I am learning how to use various paint program tools to take advantage of the tablet.

On first installation, zoom did not work but an email to Wacom solved that. It took a week but I was given a link to a new driver and instructions on exactly how to reinstall.  All works just as is is supposed to work now.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I see the tablet as a true asset in my work.       Tom.

DaveDavis ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 9:11 PM

Hi Tom,
Although I have been buying brushes and filters off this site for about 5 months, I never really took the time to explore the site and communities until a week or so ago, so I missed your original post, but I'll look for it :o)

I have not quite had my Wacom tablet for a year, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, the learning curve is like hitting a brick wall at 100 Mph.  Purely by accident several months ago, I placed the tablet about level with my thigh, so it took getting it off the desk and positioned more comfortably for me. It was like magic and now the tablet is an awesome tool I can not live without!!

My zoom doesn't work either, but I'm going to start making a pain of myself on Wacom Support tomorrow morning :o)

Thanks so much!!
Dave

inshaala ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 7:33 AM

Sounds reassuring - i just bought an intuos3 A5 wide for my editing - will see how it works for me :)

Seems the way to go really if you are doing a lot of work - i'll have to try the knee height thing.

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 5:54 PM

I have found physical position of the tablet made a lot of difference, sort of duplicating my normal pen on paper position.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.