Mon, Sep 9, 7:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Question on MAT poses and Materials in poser 7

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 1:51 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:12 PM

I am in the process of reorganising my runtime.

I want to keep things tidy, with everything pertaining to a certain set being stored in the same folder.
Hence I renamed the props into cr2, so that everything is in the character library.

Now I come to MAT poses.
Some providers give MAT poses as pz2, others as materials mc6 (I am not speaking of procedural materials, but texture maps).

Is it possible to just rename the mc6 into pz2 and place these in the pose folders, or will it break something ?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 3:26 PM

It needs a little more than renaming, but not much more.

You just search and replace

figure

to

actor $CURRENT

Here's a script that 'batches' the job, in all possible directions!

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/CR2%20Helpers/MC6%20-%20MT5%20-%20PZ2.zip

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 3:29 PM

Oops, I said it backwards.  The line in the MC6 is
actor $CURRENT

and the line in the PZ2 is

figure.

The script gets it right, even if I didn't.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 4:31 PM

You can change your MAT pz2 files into MC6 files by renaming them and moving them to the material folders. There by putting your materials into the material room where there are fewer problems with applying them.

Changing MC6 files to PZ2 files requires editing the individual files as ockham has stated.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

compiler ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 10:34 AM

Many thanks for the tips.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.