Sat, Aug 3, 1:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Girl has her sights on V4.2. A3 is officially DEAD!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 6:54 AM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 6:59 PM

file_399897.jpg

A3 would have to be without a body.![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/wink.gif)

Girl says that was to easy and wonders what V4 would look like or she might wait till A4 shows her face.

Click on image for larger size.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 8:10 AM

Personally, I prefer GG2 but that's the kind of guy I am.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 10:09 AM

Hey that looks really really good Tashar!! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 3:16 PM

Thanks RAMWolf.

She can use any A3 body morph, I just used the Aiko 19 morph for this image, I liked that morph. Her head can still use all the girl Head morphs.

The neck is what took the time. It is the two necks of the figures cut apart and joined together to make a virtually seamless, clean mesh, one piece neck. Which means that most Mil3 textures work really well with her.

I thought it was the body that people didn't like on the girl but now I'm thinking it's all the girl. Oh well. I like it and now I have a lot more clothes and stuff that can be used with her. LOL.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 3:52 PM

I thought the Girls body was hideous.  Too much like a barbie doll.  Aiko's body is at least pretty but not liked her face so much esp when you open up her mouth.  GAG  Horse teeth and a smile that only a mother could love.  Yea, this, this is pretty nice.  Ya done good.  If only had the patience to do something like this.  Ya wanna share, as in RTE version??  Purty please?? 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 4:15 PM

file_399921.jpg

RTE? Hmmm. I've decoded but never coded with it.

I Think I would have to make sure that Both bodies have been incoded to be sure that the user had both figures, right? And, there is the A3 LE vs The A3 full thingy to think about. I will experiment and see what happens.

Here is one that is just the base A3 with the infinity outfit.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 4:19 PM

I'd go for the fully morphable version if your going to go that route as it's going to give us all options.  I very rarely use the default body! 😉

Love that image.

I would imagine that the decode is pretty easy to set up.  You need to encode to either using an obj or a cr2, one that is related to the figure and then go from there. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

JoePublic ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 4:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com/source/poser/stahlratte/stahlratte4.html

Nice, but you're about two years late. :laugh:

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 4:36 PM

Oh, very cool.  Thanks Joe! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 4:43 PM

I just found that out. Stalratte did one already.

Oh well, saves me having to do anything except use her myself.
I wonder if he did the neck as I did or did he use magnets. Not that it matters. It's already given out.

On to other things.

shaft73 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 6:58 PM

Preview images are up for a4 on daz in members club area. (And she's wearing V4's clothes!)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 7:03 PM

Oooops, you bad boy you let the cat out of the bag. 

Oh and I was screaming at the monitor.  I was so damned amazed at how different she can look and NO HORSE TEETH and yea, she can use V4's clothing (with Lyrra's magnets) and Cap's Morphia morphs!!  Surreality created an absolutely gorgeous set of skins for her.  I fell out of my chair looking at the promos. 

Ooops, I spoke too much me thinks!! :closedeyes:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

shaft73 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 7:19 PM

It's okay. Reading it and seeing it are two diferent things...

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 7:37 PM

Move over V4.2, Aiko is on fire!  The renders of Aiko are incredible. She's every girl you could imagine. And the clothes....

If you're a member, go check it out - the renders are up.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2008 at 10:05 PM · edited Thu, 14 February 2008 at 10:07 PM

I have not got that far yet. Will take a gander now, well, after I let the cat outside for a few. LOL.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 12:13 PM

Nice work, anyway. I shall have a look at the meshes and that neck trick. It sounds useful for an idea I have lurking in the back of my mind.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 3:17 PM

I found out that Stalratte has a tutorial in the wings forum, so someone IM me to tell me. I never look but was told it's the same way I did mine.

You can do this trick with most figures necks. The only thing would be the UV mapping. If different, you will end up with a line where the two textures meet. Postwork or remaping the head/UV's to the body would fix that.

I have so many of these type of figures.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2008 at 11:58 AM

Quote - Nice, but you're about two years late. :laugh:

Joe, do you have the original link to the thread about this??  I'd like to read through it please.

Also in the Morph Manager if I right click on each body part to transfer morphs would I select the "copy all" or "copy only morph targets" ??

Neck has no morphs, but does it bend well enough and blend nicely??  So extreme body morphs like muscular and fat will not blend well with this set up, eh??

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2008 at 7:49 PM

I take it you have not use Morph Manager much. If you want full body morphs, you will need to load a pose file in each side first before loading the Cr2's. Then right click and copy morph.

Then there are the eys. I don't know what was done with the other but mine I adjusted the JPs so the original Girl eyes work and not pop out of her head when dialed or need to export them and then import them back in and parent.

But then I have a dozen or more of these type of figures, so I have it down pretty good.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2008 at 8:00 PM

Yea, I did all that.  So it would be 'copy morph target' and not 'copy all'

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2008 at 10:02 PM

Yes.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 1:10 AM

file_400202.jpg

Don't know what I did wrong.  She works but there are no working morphs in the Aiko 3 body!! :sad:  Girls head morphs were transfered and then I added in some others from another pack and that was fine too!!  Perplexed but at least this gal has a nice smile and normal looking teeth even though her face can't be made to look overly real I do like all the expression morphs for the Girl, more than Aiko 3's any day!!  Varied!!

Love to figure out what the hell I did wrong but it's getting late here.  Gotta go to the gym in the AM... 7 AM to be exact!  ACK!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 4:00 AM

Sounds like you didn't copy the morphs in the Body or just the body and not the rest of the groups.That is the whole point of loading a pose file first. The body morphs show up. They don't if you don't use the pose file. You need to make sure you have copied the body and all the other groups morphs.

If you copied all the other groups, they should be working. Select the chest or what ever group and dial it's morphs and see if they work. The head doesn't use PBM's so that's my guess why all the morphs work for it and it not right on the body.

I wrote a tutorial, step by step for MM but I can't remember where I posted it of if I just e-mailed it to someone. If I find it I will send it to you if you need it.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 1:24 PM

I would so love that tutorial so I can compare it to what I have done.  Perhaps I left out a step or didn't do something right. 

Off the top of my head here are the exact steps I took:

Loaded a pz2 into each side of the Morph Manager work dialog.  Both were poses for the GIRL.  I then loaded in the GIRL 3.cr2 on the left and the !Aiko 3.cr2 on the right.  I right clicked on all the body parts in the Aiko side and chose "Copy Only Morph Targets" but only for the ones that had a + sign next to them.  I did not copy the Head, Eyes or Neck info.  I then loaded up the !the Girl.cr2 and only copying the Head and Eyes body parts with a + next to them.  Saved this as a new cr2 named GIRL-AIKO-3.cr2 and then loaded up Studio and loaded that in there, checked it over and saw that the morphs in the body that WERE present were not functioning (like the Neck Stretch) If I were to click on a body part then I can see the morphs and they do function, all were there but the FBM's were no for what ever reason.  So not sure what I did wrong.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 6:36 PM

You do know that the neck, if it was done the same as me, is only half of the body neck and half of the head neck modeld together. So that means the morphs are not going to work on the neck. The verts are different.

Your steps sound right. So you have the single group morphs working.

Your problem is that the BODY does not contain morphs I contains the Channels for the morph. You need to copy those and your PBM will work. BTW, you don't want to copy the Offset/scale/rot/trans/transb channels or delete the ones on your new figure first before copying all channels.

You should be good to go then.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 7:40 PM

Got it working.  thanks much!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.