Thu, Oct 10, 12:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: project halo

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:10 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 12:10 PM

some wip shots of the project halo (halo props for poser)

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:10 PM

file_179786.jpg

first...the Warthog Jepp ..as seen in the ingame videos

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:15 PM

file_179788.jpg

a test with poser characters...to test the size relation.. it looks fun in his own way :) tha mib are back :)

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:16 PM

file_179790.jpg

the assault rifle used by the marines in halo

lalverson ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:23 PM

if you need a beta tester, I'm your man. these are very sweet, and the weapon, to die for...

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:28 PM

file_179792.jpg

the halo marine (ehm the helmet :) i know its the old design...the new design from bungie sucks :) things to do: finishing the jeep texture modelling the "pelikan" VTOL dropship create the building from the halo mac expo video makin a covernant alien create some vehicles for them (maybe travisB creates them :) hes a crack with LW..and does amazin organic models )

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:32 PM

file_179794.jpg

heres a older shot(2 days old :) of the warthog jeep without skin...showing the interrior..on some perspectives

soulhuntre ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:33 PM

Great stuff! When do >WE< get our hands on them? And how about some armor to match that helmet?

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:35 PM

lol :)im workin since yesterday (after ive finished the helmet) on the armor... :) dont worry :)

gps ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:36 PM

Excellent work! The rifle in particular is superb - love those textures. gps

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:38 PM

ehm...and i dunno when u get the hands on it...postin that stuff needs some webspace....i hope someone will hostin them,after its finished... i just gettin to much troubles with this free webspace accounts...,and my isp canceled my ftp server account,cause the massive downloads of my last 2 props ive posted crashed him..and pushin me whay over my monthly transfer limit

soulhuntre ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:40 PM

I might be willing to host one item, maybe others can take one each? How about hosting them on bbay? Charge a nominal fee.

magnet ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 5:49 PM

Those are great! Love the digital display on the gun, and the helmet is sweet!

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 6:00 PM

got no money....and thats no joke :) yesterday ive nearly lost my apartment,cause i nearly cant pay my bills anymore :) (i can pay my bills...but that means emty stomach :) and i have to work at night to earn some money...or my equippment will fall under the hammer next week... damn damn..lifes a bitch... i need a job :-/...oh..where i am.. aah yeah ..money :) i need "free" webspace ...maybe i can find a way when ive finished all the stuff.. it must be sounding irrational...but i cant sell my equippment..or software...cause 3d is my life... keep on posin folks

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 7:13 PM

You need to sell it and make it pay for itself. It is good enough to sell. Marque

soulhuntre ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 9:10 PM

Sell the model... trust me, I'll buy it and so will others. The gun is worht 10$ to me alone :)

neurocyber ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 10:59 PM

I'm so exited I think I'm going to lose controle of my bodily functions. This is all so fantastic! :) :) :)

swfreeman ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 11:52 PM

can i sell that?i mean its cause that are names and designs copyrighted by bungie/microsoft from a computergame called halo (the game is not out yet..).... i cant allow me to have troubles with that bruthas...

soulhuntre ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 12:10 AM

Well true. But with your skills you could certainly do a vehicle in the same anime style that would kick ass.

fiontar ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 1:13 AM

As long as you aren't stealing geometry, I don't think selling the models would be a violation. The names might be trademarked, so you might have to give the items names other than what they are for the game. If you are worried, you could always write Bungie, tell them you are doing hi-res 3D models based on Halo and ask if they have any problem with you selling them. Doesn't DAZ sell a car model based on a real automobile? If they can sell a 3D model of a real vehicle, why wouldn't you be able to sell a model of a fictional vehicle? I don't know enough to say for sure it's legal and o.k., so investigate, but if it is legal, you should sell these, rather than give them away! :-)

atthisstage ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 3:43 AM

I wouldn't put them out there with the HALO name on them; you'll be asking for more trouble than you could possibly imagine. Just change the names to something close enough as to be recognized, and you'll be fine.

beatone ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 7:00 AM

I you need space for free stuff I'll host'em for free at poserpro.com - the site is not ready yet though ;)

timoteo1 ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2001 at 10:16 AM

All I can say is ... I WANT the gun!! INCREDIBLY NICE WORK. I probably can help you in the hosting department for all the stuff. I have a couple of unused hosted web sites seeing little or no traffic. These are reasonably fast hosts (25ms ping times, 250KB/s+ downloads.) Any idea how much throughput I'd be looking at? Just a guestimate. -Tim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.