Mon, Sep 30, 1:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 8:28 am)

Subject: Bryce to Poser

Boggy49 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 9:24 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:57 AM

I understand the Poser obj's can be read by Bryce, but can Bryce ojb be read by Poser.  I would like to use some of bryce's object files in poser.  San that be done without having Bryce?

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 9:37 AM

Why not ask in the bryce forums over at Daz? That's where all the Bryce gurus hang out.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 11:32 AM

Attached Link: Wings 3d

you mean obps? nope...Bryce only. Obj (object) files can be read just fine. If you have version 6, you can create obj files for export into Poser. Mostly what I do is create background pictures in Bryce, then use them in Poser.

If you want to create your own objects, there's tons of modelers, spendy and free..this is the one I use. It's free

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 8:57 PM · edited Sat, 16 February 2008 at 9:09 PM

Yes, an .OBJ is an .OBJ; there is no variance, withing the format, that I know of.

In Poser, click:

File > Import > Wavefront OBJ...

.OBP is Bryce's native Material format.  I understand Version 6, of Bryce, can export Symettrical Lattices as .OBJs.  This is something very new.  Bryce could not export Objects(.OBJ) until very recently.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 9:46 PM

Quote - I understand the Poser obj's can be read by Bryce, but can Bryce ojb be read by Poser.  I would like to use some of bryce's object files in poser.  San that be done without having Bryce?

OBJ's can be read by Bryce, and the best way to import Poser/DAZ content into bryce would be via DAZ Studio.
Poser or Daz Studio can not read OBP (bryce native) files

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 10:07 PM

Also if your interested in how to texture the .OBJ, once it's in Poser, see this thread I just wrote.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 11:44 PM

Bryce obp files wont import into poser or any other 3d app.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 9:35 PM
Site Admin

I've seen this question alot and I'd like to use bryce stuff in poser too. I don't suppose anyone would be interested in writing a utility to convert obp to obj.  I'm sure there's some copyright issues thoughand permission would have to be obtaned from DAZ

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2008 at 10:52 PM

since poser and bryce have been aroudn now for like 8 or 9 years, I don't think theres been the interest in it. Bryce might not even have the code possibilites to output it's stuff, and it's been surpassed by things like Vue, world builder, and carrerra now.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 2:09 AM

There was talk in the past about making an obp converter but nothing came of it.

The newer versions of bryce are supposed to be able to export certain obp files (with a bit of work) but in bryce 6.1 the exporting does not work properly.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 9:23 AM

" .OBP is Bryce's native Material format."

Woops that's .MAT, I see .OBP is Bryce's Mathmatic Expression, for geometry.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2008 at 5:06 PM

how about vue to poser?
can that be done?

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2008 at 5:18 PM
Online Now!

Quote - how about vue to poser?
can that be done?

A qualified yes.
Provided the object isn't locked against export you should be able to export as either 3DS or OBJ
Not sure about the plants though - I've never tried it

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.