Mon, Oct 7, 11:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Logo and Facing Camera.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 6:39 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 11:24 AM

I'm trying to make a Logo and have it facing the camera nicly centered.

I tried adding a "Poing At" modifier to the camera and have it point at my Logo, but its not even close to being facing the logo and being centered.

Basically I'm working on a logo to be used on a website and I need the camera facing the Text... just like the Rednerosity logo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I tried searching here and on daz forums, but maybe I'm not using the proper terminology.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 6:50 PM

Hi Analog,

The point-at feature aims the camera to the Hot Point of the object. So, if the Hot Point is not centered on the actual geometry, the camera won't point in the right place either. The Hot Point can become off-center of you are creating a spline object and then change the default sweep length.

With your object selected, go to the Edit pull-down menu and select "Center Hot Point". Then the point at behavior should work just fine. If it doesn't, post back and we'll get it figured out.

Mark

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 7:12 PM · edited Tue, 19 February 2008 at 7:13 PM

First, I want to thank you for the quick response!!! and you're suggestion worked... but not initially and that was my fault.

I centered the hotpoint on my text, but I had the Camera Pointing to my Text... which didnt have the desired effect.

So I removed the Modifier from the Camera and added it to the Text, so than the Text Points to the Camera and it worked. :)

Again Thank You.

Dwarg ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 10:01 PM

Just to add to this, I've discovered if I pan around my scene using the spacebar instead of the prescribed hot keys for tracking or dollying it really messes up where the camera renders from. Not sure if this is a bug, or a known issue.  It would be nice if spacebar mimicked the dolly behavior from camera views.

Dwarg ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 11:13 PM

I just found the "Reset 2D Pan" command under the View menu. Disregard my previous question/statement.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.