Tue, Sep 24, 9:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 9:01 pm)

Subject: Digital toons in poser

midnight_stories ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 6:26 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:34 PM

Well after 2 years of trying to produce an image that is totally digital, the inking the hatching the colours, all rendered in poser. The toon edging was a 2D filter, so nothing was hand drawn. The yellow lighting was about the only thing added. I go to bed tonight a happy person. It's not about boasting it's about achieving goals I know now that it is possible for someone with no drawing skills, to produce a comic, and in about a quarter of the time a traditional comic can be done. So there’s hope for zero talent guys like me. So thanks for look and take care.

rjandron ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 10:19 AM

This looks amazing. Any chance of getting a tutorial or some more details on how this was done?

Outstanding work Midnight!

ezuk ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 12:19 PM

Very nice!  I'm especially impressed by the cross-hatching in the picture on the left.  You can add me to the list of people who would love to see a tutorial on how you did this.

RedHawk ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 12:24 PM

Yeah! Me too dammit! ;)
Don't I know you from somewhere?

<-insert words of wisdom here->

ghonma ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 1:43 PM

Looking pretty good...

But you have some very harsh aliasing at places in the inks. You should consider working at double or triple size and then resizing it down in photoshop to clear that up.

midnight_stories ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 3:29 PM

Yes that a good pickup on the chunky aliasing I'll have to put that question the Olivier vent the creator of the ink shader it could be the light I'm using so have go back and try again. Thanks for the feedback guys
P.S the hatching is done with the sketch render

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.