Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: A4 is out!!!

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 5:50 PM

**aeilkema,

For irony, the only 'new' fiqure was given away for free..Apollo Maximus.

Nolos,
'I think there is a point to all of this.'

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 7:01 PM

Quote - **aeilkema,

For irony, the only 'new' fiqure was given away for free..Apollo Maximus.**

Err... AM used to be a for-sale figure.

So nobody has renders then?

/P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 7:03 PM

Quote - i
the main thing that concerns me is that A4 isn't an advancement.  from V3 to Aiko, there were some noticeable improvements in joints and other aspects.

By the by: A3 was a shift from the original Aiko/Stephanie/M2 mesh.

And, the original Aiko was a morph of Stephanie 1, which in turn was a female morph of M2's mesh. :)

Maybe they're just getting Aiko back to it's roots?

/P

JQP ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 7:49 PM

Odd, I've never thought V4 looked unrealistic.  If anything, I find her much more realistic than V3 because she's so much closer to average proportions out of the box than V3.  IMO V3 looks very much like an attempt to capture the essence of the fashion model, and V4 looks like the girl next door type.

She does have proportions more similar to A3 than V3 though, at least from the neck down.

alpha117 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 10:29 PM

I have the same problem with A4 head morphs all work fine, but nothing works with the body at all. I have installed A4 twice, also run all updates.

alpha117 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 10:39 PM

Also, just by playing around I have noticed that the morphs PsstLeft and PsstRight only one appears at a time. SO if you load PsstLeft  then only the left dial appears and the same with right. Both do not appear together.

Only the head morphs work for me , no body morphs work at all. V4.2 works fine still..phew!!

alpha117 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 10:52 PM

Also, if I load V4.2 then use the 'inject Aiko V4 from the Daz,s Victoria 4> pose lib, nothing happens. I cannot change V4 to Aiko 4 at all....aaarhhh!!

LanceB ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 11:08 PM

So A4 can wear V4s clothes......How does that work or is it a royal pain to get them to fit? Do I need to use magnets.......even DAZ admits that using magnets is not for the weak hearted and novices. I once had a V3 petite morph that with on click any clothing item would auto fit her, can you do that with V4 clothes on A4?

sandmarine ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 11:14 PM · edited Wed, 20 February 2008 at 11:16 PM

I understand commerce, an I understand people's right to buy whatever they want with their hard earned money... but I'm also pulling the plug here and sticking to what I have for the time being...

to me, the GND morphs for V3 look A LOT like V4, and bending aside, that works for me... plus, I have SO much stuff for the generation 3 models, that imagining to re-stock all that (from cavewoman outfits to astronaut costumes) for the generation 4 models, it's just too much PITA...

So, I'll stay in the Gen3 until 3d models available to the home user at least resemble the quality of 3d models such as the ones used in the Final Fantasy VII cg movies (and it may be argued that some of the morphs for the gen3 models can somewhat match that)...

so, I downloaded V 4.2, but for now, she'll remain an untouched .exe file... and no A4 for me, thanks.

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 11:31 PM

Is V4 required for A4?  It appears to be so.  How can this be?

alpha117 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 11:45 PM

OK, from my previous posts, all is now sorted. A4 works just great. The problem is that I have the V4 runtime setup as a remote runtime, outside of poser. All i did was run the program 'runtime repair' through my V4 runtime and all is now fixed.

MagnoliaMoonElf ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 7:48 PM

May I ask how you ran a repair through your V4 runtime ??
I am having a horrible time with A4. I have everything installed as it should be.
I have even reinstalled agian to be sure.
I have a figure that I worked on a while back that when is opened the eyes are fine.
But I open a new image (not sure this is what  you would call it in poser) Apply Aiko the eyes are very small and pulled very close to the bridge of the nose.
I have no idea what to do here.
I am rather new to poser although I have worked with it for about 2 years on and off. I am still learning the basic's.
Praying I can get this fixed.

Unicornst ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 11:03 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.