Wed, Oct 2, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Anyone know of a SciFi Hangar Bay for Poser/DS?

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 10:25 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:55 AM

I'm trying to do a scene in a space station hangar bay, but haven't found a suitable scene for
it. Very scifi. Does anyone know of such a thing? Or is there and object or set that could double
as a bay without major reconstruction? Heh. Got started on this thing and realised I had no
hangar, and couldn't find one. I'll try google again, might get lucky. :)

Greywolf

majesticartist ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 10:51 AM · edited Mon, 25 February 2008 at 10:52 AM

Attached Link: Olympus Mons

Daz has one by RedHouse Studios.... Hope this helps Nancy

greymouser69 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 11:07 AM

Stonemason's Level 19 makes a good hangar too IMO

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 11:24 AM

Have level 19. I'll experiment a bit and see if I can get it to look suitably hangarish. I have the
Olympus Mons one too, but strangely, it has always loaded into both DS and Poser completely
invisible. I've never been able to use it because of that one problem. Maybe I'll reset the DL
and reinstall it. See if that works. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Greywolf

johnfields ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 12:05 PM
nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 12:08 PM

Can you give an example what this hanger should look like? I had started to create a hanger  (looks like the one in Star Wars IV) and stopped working on it due to others where coming out with similar items and thought would not sell.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 12:25 PM

johnfields, I just DLed the Mech Hangar. Haven't checked it out fully yet, but it looks good,
and even if I can't use it for the ship hangar, the Imperium has mechs so it'll be a nice addition.
Thanks for finding that. :)

nyguy, skynet has a superb ship/station hanger bay here in the marketplace. I don't have MAX,
but I grabbed it hoping I could use the OBJ file. Alas, too few material zones makes the OBJ
file unusable for me. It IS, however, a good example of what I'm looking for, as it doesn't
resemble the more iconic, and recognizable, hangars of popular scifi.

The Olympus Mons Hanger still loads invisible after repeated installs, so I'm giving up on
that one. :)

Greywolf

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 12:43 PM

Davorama made one and is selling it at http://www.powerfusion3d.com/. unfortunatly powerfusin is currently changing servers and is down till march 1.

you can see a small preview image on the current "under construction" page at the power fusion link.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 1:15 PM

Hmmm. I forgot completely about that one! Is that the 'Modular Bay'? I have that one. I have so
many of his most excellent sets, that I keep losing track. :) The Mod Bay may well be what I
need for this. I can't believe I forgot about it, especially as I've been using his sets recently,
to construct the warships of both the Imperium and the Syndicate. DOH! Heh.

Greywolf

scott8539 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 7:46 PM

stonemason also has the skiline hall at daz3d.and then some.

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 7:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d9own.htm

try this one and it's free....

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 7:54 PM

and another freebie... link is the same as above...enjoy :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 8:04 PM

HOLY CRUD, mrsparky! I have those too, and for got about the second one. I think a mix of
sets, with that one as the base, would be ideal. The action, however, will take place in Robo's
Mech Bay, I think. The vehicle garage is next to it, and the Mech bay will exit on the hangar. I
will need the hangar bay when they depart, so your post is timely.
As to your Alpha set, well, lets just say that great minds think alike. :)
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1611203

Greywolf

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 1:16 AM

file_400756.jpg

The scene where the action will take place. Robo's Mech Bay works well, the DAZ mechs fill the Bay. I TOONed it to see how it would look as some things don't always TOON well. :) Thanks for the help everyone.

Greywolf

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.