Wed, Sep 18, 1:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: (OT) Help With Mozilla-Firefox

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 1:54 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:28 PM

file_400642.jpg

I have been using Mozilla-Firefox 1.5.0.8. A few weeks ago I decided to upgrade to the newest version because I saw Karen post in the Community Forum saying that the Firefox spellchecker works in the Renderosity reply window since the last FCK upgrade.

However, I didn't find that it worked well at all. It underlined words but the reply window still only allowed "cut/copy/paste" to show when right clicking so you couldn't check for alternate spellings, plus many of the extensions that I enjoyed with my older version of Firefox didn't work in the newest version IE: translate page.

So yesterday I decided to reinstall my old faithful version 1.5.0.8.  But now I'm having a problem here that I never had before.  When I right click to paste some text, I get the small popup window with "paste" in it, but when I select it I get another popup telling me that my browser security settings are preventing me from pasting and that I have to use CTRL V in the small popup for it to be added to the reply window.

See the image attached.

Can someone tell me what I need to change in my browser options so that I can simply right click and paste directly into the reply window like I was able to do before?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

wisq ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 2:33 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2008 at 2:37 PM

I've never had a popup window like the one shown in your pic, however, I did have a copy/paste security issue with firefox on this site a while ago. I cured it by turning on javascript in Tools/Options -->General Tab.

I couldn't right click/paste without doing this and had to ctrl/v everything.

Edit: Ignore the above !! I just tried pasting and got the security issue thing. So I hve the same problem.

Heh, I feel dumb now :)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 2:44 PM

Your post jogged my memory. I searched the Community Forum and found a post about enabling copy/paste in Firefox.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2768780

I downloaded the file given, changed it to "user.js" and now I can paste here without a popup window.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 2:44 PM

I've been having these pop ups the last week too!! Both here at home and on my pc at work so it's a rendo issue not a browser one 'cos I'm on IE7 anyway!
I found a work around though so it's not an issue anymore, don't know why they're here though and what their purpose is!!
They don't pop up anywhere else, only here!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 2:59 PM

I have the same screen.

After watching at my fire fox setings like a monkey in a old rusty watch, I desided to use ctrl-v.

But I go take a look into that link.

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 4:31 PM

Meh - I just use CTRL-X (cut), CTRL-C(copy) and CTRL-V(paste). They work just fine.

I see it on the Linux version too... no biggie though - the keyboard shortcuts are faster when I'm typing anyway.

/P

Kaji ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 4:35 PM

Option-c, option-v, option-x work fine on the Mac version of Firefox. No need for the popup window.

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 4:56 PM

Well I instaled the gizmo thingy addon.

And look and behold......it works 😄

Wow, isnt that cyber tech programing stuff amazing.

Thanks for the tip.

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 1:02 AM

Marque: you might want to take a look at FoxLingo :) Works in all versions of Firefox, including v3 beta.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 9:47 PM

Thank you Acadia, now I can Copy/Paste!

...Wow, Acadia 16000 posts...On the Horizon!

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 12:48 AM

Quote - Marque: you might want to take a look at FoxLingo :) Works in all versions of Firefox, including v3 beta.

That'll teach me to post when I'm half asleep, That should have been addressed to Acadia.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.