Wed, Sep 18, 2:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:39 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Enabling Copy/Paste in Firefox

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 3:28 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:02 PM

file_342087.js

Alright, guys, I found it. The following are instructions for allowing copy and paste operations in Firefox. I just tested it out and it works perfectly for me. Here goes:
  1. Download the attached file (user.js)
  2. Locate your firefox profile folder - On Windows XP/2000: C:/Documents and Settings/[User Name]/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/ (where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters)
  • On Windows 95/98/98se/ME: C:/WINDOWS/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/
  • On Mac OS X: /Users/[User Name]/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/
  • On Linux: /home/[User Name]/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/ or ~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/
  1. If the file "user.js" does not exist, copy and paste this file into it. If it does exist, edit the existing file with a PLAIN TEXT editor (such as Notepad or BBedit, NOT Word or TextEdit) and copy and paste the four lines from the attached file onto the bottom of your existing "user.js".
  2. Restart Firefox
  3. Enjoy copying and pasting 😄

There you go. Nicholas

-Nicholas

spedler ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 4:30 PM

Very nice! Works like a charm now.

Many thanks!

Steve

ialora ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 4:43 PM

I use IE6 and my keyboard copy/paste commands only work sometimes.  Like right now, it doesn't.  Earlier it did.  I think Duog once mentioned that it works the first time you post and then quits after that.  😕

Irene-

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 7:41 PM

file_342115.gif

OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Now I'm totally content. Search by user name, sort by date, left/right click copy/paste..... I think I need a cigarette, hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 7:45 PM

LOL @ Acadia:)

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 9:34 PM

~cracks up laffin'~
And I absolutely love that smilie LOL

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 3:56 AM

The smilie came from a smilie site I found. I really love this one.  The site had lots of nice ones, but this one just stood out.  I'll try and track down the link again and post it.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 4:19 PM

Quote - OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Now I'm totally content. Search by user name, sort by date, left/right click copy/paste..... I think I need a cigarette, hehe

My smilie animation isn't working now.  Yet it was when I posted it.

modus0 ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 5:05 PM · edited Tue, 16 May 2006 at 5:07 PM

Maybe quoting doesn't allow pictures?

Or allow gifs to be included?

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 5:57 PM

No, I had only quoted myself there to say that my animation from the earlier post wasn't showing up for me.  However, I finally figured it out.  Not really sure what the fix was because I tried so many things, but it's finally showing as animated again. 

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2006 at 8:33 PM

Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!

Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2006 at 8:42 PM

Happy Doug? LOL hee hee

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2006 at 8:53 PM

Quote - Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!

Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!Yeah it works!!!!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Geeeeez!!!!!!!!!!  I think you're  the one who needs the cigarette,   :b_blush:

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 08 June 2006 at 5:55 PM · edited Thu, 08 June 2006 at 5:56 PM

Quote - Restart Firefox
Enjoy copying and pasting
😄 There you go. Nicholas

This allows you to copy and paste what exactly? 

You couldn't possibly be talking about copying and pasting into a new tab in Firefox... could you?  Real tabbed browsing in R'osity?  At long last?

:ohmy:

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 08 June 2006 at 6:20 PM

No this is for using the right-click mouse button to copy and paste within the Javascript editor box in FireFox.

-Nicholas

bandolin ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 2:28 PM

Can't find folder named "Application Data" I have "User Data". Do I need to make something visible?

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

williamsn ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 3:31 PM

Yea you might have something invisible.

-Nicholas

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 8:33 PM · edited Fri, 09 June 2006 at 8:33 PM

Quote - Can't find folder named "Application Data" I have "User Data". Do I need to make something visible?

In My Computer goto Folder Options, View, Show Hidden Files and Folders.
you'll see the folders you want then. as system folders they are hidden as default.

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 2:22 AM

LOL at Acadia!Love that GIF!:lol:

Rule #76 of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

danob ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 1:39 PM

I posted this is Photography forum but was unable to load the user java script file to go with it other than to offer to sent it to my members by email?

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

layingback ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 7:32 PM

Hmmm...  Why not simply turn off the Cut/Copy/Paste function in FCKEditor on the server, so that we can all use the default Cut/Copy/Paste/Spellcheck/etc/etc that's on the Firefox and/or Mozilla as standard under the right mouse button pop-up?  No fussing with user.js needed.

It's a setting option in the OSS version of FCKEditor, so should be fully documented in the for-fee version presumably being used here.

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 8:03 PM

Thank you william

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 8:11 PM

Quote - Hmmm...  Why not simply turn off the Cut/Copy/Paste function in FCKEditor on the server, so that we can all use the default Cut/Copy/Paste/Spellcheck/etc/etc that's on the Firefox and/or Mozilla as standard under the right mouse button pop-up?  No fussing with user.js needed.

It's a setting option in the OSS version of FCKEditor, so should be fully documented in the for-fee version presumably being used here.

Being Dyslexic I sure miss my spell checker here :(

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:00 PM

Bless you!  and thanks to Khai for linking me up to this thread!!! :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 3:01 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2008 at 3:06 PM

It seems that this issue is back. So I'm moving this up for those who are having problems again like I was until I followed the instructions in the first post again.

Just download  the file given in the first post, change it to "user.js"  and paste it to the path given above.  Close Firefox and reopen and you should be able to cut/copy/paste here.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 3:06 PM

Yea, when you are trying to use emoticons I get that box that pops up telling me I have to go that route instead of just dragging and dropping the smiley onto the type box.  Quite annoying! :mad:   So I just memorized a few of the codes and type it in. 

Seems like whomever is doing the coding for this forum software must HATE Firefox 'cause they sure aint showing any love for us FF users that's for sure!! :cursing:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 4:34 PM

In Vista Ultimate (64-bit here, and probably on 32-bit as well), the path is:
Drive letter:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfilesxxxxxxxx.default
That doesn't seem to work, at least not for me on this machine. Is Vista that different, or did I do something wrong? I pasted the user.js file into that folder, but still the problem exists.

However, CTRL+X, CTRL+C and CTRL+V still work fine, and is what I've gotten used to anyway.
So... are we any closer to a .js that enables FF's spellchecker in 95,98,NT,2K,XP, and Vista? 😉

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 4:38 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2008 at 4:40 PM

Oh, never mind. I closed and restarted FF, and it didn't work, but then I realized I had another instance of FF running.
Closed that and now it works with the mouse. Cool. Thank you. 😄

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 4:44 PM

I just use the keyboard shortcuts, but this looks pretty cool (it's only Renderosity that has this silly requirement, which points to not-so-good sitecode IMHO).

IMHO, I prefer to not degrade my own browser's security just to use a mouse to cut+paste... but that's just my opinion.

/P

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 10:02 PM

file_400745.jpg

williamsn - Wow, thank you so much; I won't stub my toe on this again, yeah!

BTW - How did you manage to figure this out?

Acadia - Thanks again for pointing this thread out!

BTW - I love the way I usually spellcheck, with Firefox.  Whenever I misspell something, Firefox underlines it in red.  Then I just need to right click, on an underlined word, and a list of possibly correct spellings comes up!  I thought this was an add-on, of which I've only a few, but I could'nt put my finger on which one.  Do you not have this, with your installation of Firefox?

williamsn - Any chance we could look into enabling this, for the forum here at Renderosity; becasue here at Renderosity, when I right-click on an underlined work, I only get three choices, Cut, Copy, and Paste...

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 10:03 PM

file_400747.jpg

😕

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.