Sun, Sep 15, 12:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How can i make a picture...

raymir ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 10:14 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

hi everyone, i would like to know if any of you have a tutorial or can teach me how to make those pictures that kind of pop at you... example: http://www.giddykippa.com/site/index.cfm the way the big teddy bear to the right looks like is popping out of the screen.. sorry if i cant explain what im trying to see.. thanks in advance..

aprilgem ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 10:19 PM · edited Wed, 27 February 2008 at 10:20 PM

Take a look at the actual image:
http://www.giddykippa.com/images/header_back.jpg

It's not really popping out -- the background is really just part of the image.

So the thing to do is to incorporate the background into your title/header image, and make the main graphic element go beyond the fake border of your main area. :)

raymir ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 10:28 PM

that was a bad example of a website... i saw another one but i cant find it.. where the make the graphic pop at your.. do you understand what im trying to say?

aprilgem ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 10:30 PM

Um, no. I don't understand.

raymir ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 10:34 PM

i think it may have to do with what you said on top.. once i find the example im talking about.. i will post it... other question thou, do you know where i can find tutorials of how to make cool text and buttons etc in photoshop?..

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 10:56 PM

I think the image of the bear just has a transparent background, as in there is nothing to the image accept the bear/  Then that is layer over whatever is underneath.  And then a drop shadow is layer  is placed in between.

raymir ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 11:01 PM

oh ok.. thanks

eddiej ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 6:59 AM

I think it is the angle at which the image of the bear was taken ie from slightly above.
The image also stands out a bit because of how the image was lit.
If your asking how does the image sits in front and over laps the background the the answer is it is a compostion of several images,the bear,the backgorund colours etc.The bear has probably been cropped from a studio shot and a drop sahdow has been applied to the bear which makes it look like its casting a shadow onto the background.
Basically the page designer designed the background image ie the blues and whites and the text then dropped the image of the bear onto it, probably in a programme like Macromedia Fireworks.I think it is possible to do this with Photoshop but never tried.
Eddie 

vince3 ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 3:55 AM
pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 4:28 AM

Another way to do something similar is with .png files that support transparancy. (Even better than .gif in that regard - no edge mess.) But I'm not sure if IE7 is on the boat with that one yet. (Works well with Firefox, and I believe Opera as well.) Do the other stuff as described before, but with transparent .png you have more freedom not worrying about trying to match the background color. (Like the Wings3D critter I put in my sig.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.