Sun, Oct 6, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: New Male Figure Sneak Peek

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 10:59 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:21 AM

file_401031.jpg

No, it's not M4, or David, or Hiro. It's an original figure I'm working on now. Just thought I'd let everyone take a peek.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:15 AM

Nice!

The shape looks really cool, will work perfect as a superhero.

Regards / Jonny

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 1:15 PM

Cool.

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 1:22 PM

Thanks!

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 1:30 PM

Very nice base for Toonish type renders! Will you be including any basic skin textures for him?

My Freebies

jaybutton ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 2:31 PM

I was thing that he looked like a superhero, too.

Jay

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 4:45 PM

It's definitely got that Incredibles vibe to it. Great work!

JonTheCelt

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 4:47 PM

Yeah, his look is inspired by the Legion of Superheroes cartoon, so I definitely think of him as superheroic. If and when I do release him, I plan to include some basic clothes, props and maybe a second skin or two. I don't know that I'll do any kind of realistic skin texture, though. I'm not sure I have the texturing skills to pull that off. Plus, he's so stylized, I think simple material settings are enough to get good results.

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 5:10 PM

file_401059.jpg

Here's a render of the reduced resolution version of the figure. The regular resolution guy is about 35,000 polys, the RR version is under 12,000. I think he'd be good for animation. From a full body shot distance, with smoothing on, they look about the same to me.

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 5:22 PM

file_401060.jpg

Oh well, as long as I'm shamelessly  self-promoting, here's  my guy's female counterpart. I posted this shot in the galleries, but it didn't get many views, so here it is again.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 6:44 PM

Will they be getting expression morphs?

My Freebies

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 7:31 PM

Yeah, I will, once the rigging is done. I'll probably do at least some head and body shaping morphs and some scaling dials, too.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 8:12 PM

Pretty darn cute!!!!!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 8:26 PM

Yup, like both of them.  Cute cute cute!! :thumbupboth:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 9:34 PM

file_401088.jpg

Here's another guy I'm working on...

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 9:35 PM

file_401089.jpg

...and another.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 9:36 PM

Are you working in Silo?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 9:45 PM · edited Sat, 01 March 2008 at 9:47 PM

Yes, I use Silo for modeling and UVs, and then use Hex for assigning materials and cutting the mesh up for Poser. Both apps have little workflow quirks that make me prefer one or the other for different things. I got Hex for cheap when it was on sale at DAZ, and boy am I glad. It's so unstable on my system I'd have been mad if I'd paid full price. But I love the color scheme in Hex, that's why my Silo interface is the color it is.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 10:13 PM

You can use Silo for UV's?? I'm just coming from the News thread over at the Silo forums and it sounds like an update is in the pipeline but not ready yet and all those angry frustrated dudes over there throwing fits about it.  I would understand if were a really expensive high end modeler like Modo but come on.  I don't use mine much for anything, I'm still waiting, patiently and without complaint, for the update that I hope will bring back partial sub division as well as improved UV and displacement mapping.  Right now those are about the only things that keep me from plunging back into the modeling world.  LOL

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 10:35 PM

I actually really like the UV tools in Silo, they work well for me. Until I export as OBJ. A lot of times the UVs don't export correctly, which is quite annoying. But they are still way more useful than the UV tools in Hex, which act crazy for me.

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:38 PM

Good for you, bouncypig, keep up the great work !

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 1:27 AM

Those look so cool!  I want!!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 5:32 AM

These are really cool. As a diehard toon-user, I'd buy these in a heartbeat. If you need a beta-tester (hint hint), let me know.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 9:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Fantastic job.  Keep it up.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

EricJ ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 11:18 AM

They must be mine!!! I love the Legion's figure design so I'm eagerly awaiting these.

johnfields ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 5:22 PM

They have a Timm "feel" to them - very nice!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.