Sun, Oct 6, 6:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: the perfect poser helper...........wishlist

bnetta ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 6:53 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

a program that could look at a character ,pose,prop file and read it, then search out the geometries,textures,and other associated files that go with it, and then allow you to either move them all or delete them..............i wish!!
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 8:46 PM

er, Doesnt Correct Referance Pro do that ?  

I have a small utility program that will locate everything , simple change to move or delete them .

bnetta ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 9:20 PM

do you have to hunt up each file with that program then delete them?
or can you just pick one and have all associated files delete at the same time?
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 10:56 PM

Normally the image maps and bump maps are located in one folder in runtime/textures and the geometry in another folder in runtime/geometries so moving or deleting isnt that difficult. I did have a python program that found all files referenced by the character , prop, or pose file but it just listed the file locations .   It would be very easy to modify to actually do something with them.

If you are interested I will have to find it in my archives   :)

All Daz product has a seperate file containing all file locations and Renderosity Readme file used to include the file list  so cleaning up a product should be fairly easy .

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 11:32 PM

Poser comes with a python called collectsceneinventory.py.   This script gives you the option to just list what files are associated with a scene; or even make a copy of each to a folder, along with a copy of the scene.

And P3Do Explorer will tell you what is associated with what.

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 1:30 AM · edited Mon, 03 March 2008 at 1:31 AM

file_401184.txt

the attached script is listfiles.py (you need to rename it ) run it and it prompts you for a filename (cr2, pz2, pp2 files only) pick a file and it displays in a window all the files used in that file you can copy and paste from that window

it does not remove duplicates so some files may appear multiple times

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 11:18 AM

file_401197.txt

revised script to remove the duplicates

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 11:29 AM

correct reference pro (crpro) will pull all relavent files into a separate location.

it can move all the files or copy them or send them to a zip file with all the directory structure of the originals.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

flibbits ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 12:32 PM

"I did have a python program that found all files referenced by the character , prop, or pose file but it just listed the file locations .   It would be very easy to modify to actually do something with them."

I didn't know scripts like this existed.  I'd love to see that one.

Where can crpro be found?

bnetta ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 3:07 PM

where can correct reference pro  be found??
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 3:34 PM
evilded777 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 3:58 PM

While I am a strong supporter of Hogsoft, Runtime Repair and Runtime Zip are faster.  Find them here in the Marketplace.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.