Sat, Sep 21, 6:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Magnet zone visibility

Mannixman ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 8:23 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:25 PM

Question about magnets:

I have a hard time setting up magnet zones as I don't get a visual clue about the affected vertices when placing.

In DAZ Studio there ist a neat DForm gimmick which will let you see the affected vertices in several colours as you move the zone and edit the spline. Setting up the zone is easy thanks to visual feedback.

So why don't you just use Studio then I hear you say. Because I seem to have stumbled over a bug where in Studio the edit spline/ spawn morph tab is not displayed and I don't get very far without it.

Is some visual helper like that available for Poser? My eyes bleed and my poor old brain too when I try to align magnet  zones exactly.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 8:28 AM · edited Tue, 04 March 2008 at 8:30 AM

The best you can do is set the magnet zone's display type to Wireframe:
http://www.philc.net/PTB_tutorial4.htm (somewhere in there)

My Freebies

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 8:31 AM

It is possible to change the element style of the magnet zone.  pjz99 explained it to me in this thread:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2703984

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Mannixman ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 9:07 AM

Thanks to both of you.

The video was to the point.

While not as cool as DForm this setting is workable. Wonder why this is not the default setting for the zone, but what do I know. I'm just a user.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.