Tue, Oct 22, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Smaller C6 update available

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 5:31 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:05 PM

You an now download a significantly smaller updater for your Carrara 6 an 6 Pro installations here.

baldknees ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 6:30 AM

Thanks for that heads up! Is this the same as the 6.1 upgrade, or only part thereof?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 6:36 AM

This is the same. This smaller option updates only the portions of the program that have changed instead of installing the full program which is what the other option was.

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 7:25 AM

your link is fine but the link over at DAZ for the Mac version of Cpro is broken...

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 8:26 AM

Hmmm, check again. I did a download myself this morning and everything is a-ok.

baldknees ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 8:55 AM

Corker! Thanks for that!

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 9:14 AM

Seems to have been a glitch. Windows link was also broken, but 10 minutes later it worked.
Thanks for the information.

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 11:43 AM

file_401325.png

still not working for me, both firefox and Safari

baldknees ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 12:33 PM

Following Mark's link, I got there first time, and downloaded without a problem. On Firefox, on Mac.

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 2:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/sections/support/files/Carrara_6_Pro/Carrara61ProOsxUpdater.zip

is this the link you're getting at daz?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 3:46 PM

mark, perhaps their initial idea was for us to install v.6.1 independently of v.6.0x, in case
there were any problems in regard to stability in vista or leopard.  anyway, i downloaded
the big file, but it was serving at around 6 mbps, hence it didn't take long.

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2008 at 4:42 PM

just got a reply from DAZ... is as follows...

Subject

update link broken

Discussion Thread

Response (Kraig Hausmann) - 03/05/2008 03:18 PM
Hi D. Thomas Lamourine,

Yes, the link is broken.  Our web department will fix it.  That link is for the Carrara 6.1 patch.  The full version of the upgraded Carrara 6.1 is available through your account access.  If you reset your download for Carrara 6.0, you'll get 6.1 in your 'Available Downloads.'

Customer (D. Thomas Lamourine) - 03/05/2008 06:28 AM
I get to your update page but when trying to download the update to carrara pro 6 it says the link is broken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.